Chapter 1

Artwork by : u/Rlfraser on Reddit

A/N : Hello! I wrote this a little while ago, when Tommy was still exiled, but never had the guts to post it. But hey, I finally did. I really hope that you enjoy this. By the way, there is NO SHIPPING OR ROMANCE in this story, and I don't have any actual hate for any of the people in this story, such as Dream. I really hope that you enjoy this, please feel free to leave comments giving me ideas, corrections, and/or suggestions. 

TW: Chapter 1: suicide, death

Tommy's POV

Barley, I slide my foot forward, kicking a small pebble off the edge where I stand. I watch as the pebble falls, making the slightest splash before sinking deep into the boiling liquid. My mind is racing, but I am calm. The voice inside me screams, but I whisper. I'm about to fall, but my mind's about to fly. I'm smiling as salty tears run down my dirty face. I hear rustling in the background, but I don't turn around or think anything of it. Slowly, my foot starts to step forward. My thoughts, however, are interrupted as a green masked man pulls me away from the ledge. I look at him and can hear the slightest bit of worry in his voice before he hides it instantly. "It's not your time to die, Tommy."

Still looking at the lava, Dream pushes me down to the floor, breaking my trance. I can hear the others from afar, talking about Christmas trees, oblivious as to what is happening over here. I collect myself and slowly start to stand up. My feet start to move further away from the nether portal and the masked man. I hear myself say, in a depressed, weary tone, "It's never my time to die."

*one month later*

No One's POV

Tommy sat at the ledge of the bridge, one move away from jumping. His mind was set on one thing, and nothing, nor no one, was going to stop him. He heard a sound come from behind him, and without even turning around, he knew who it was. Tommy however, didn't take his eyes off the lava. He didn't want to hear his best friend's broken voice. He didn't want to hear his apologies and pleas. He just wanted to go peacefully. Calmly, Tommy stood up and smiled slightly. His hopeless, tired eyes watered up, his torn, dusty skin shivered, and his harsh, gruff voice spoke. "It's not your fault. I don't blame you."

"Tom-"

Tommy continued, "I forgive you," He paused. "I forgive everyone in L'Manburg, I even forgive Dream," Tommy slightly chuckled at that, "Will you tell him something for me?"

"Tommy..."

"Will you tell him, 'I decide when it's my time.' "

Standing up, he looked straight forward and locked eyes with the distant world in front of him. He could see piglins running around, he could see skeletons shooting each other. He could see lava pouring down the walls and he could see the nether portal leading towards... towards another far-off place.

His foot moved forward, leaving the ground, and never returned to it. He felt himself drifting, falling, floating, down into the warm, welcoming lava, with tears falling from his eyes. He turned around to see a small figure in the distance where he once stood. He watched as Tubbo opened his mouth for nothing escaped but a croak.

Tommy could feel his skin. The air around him felt sweltering, yet his skin felt cool and frigid. He watched as everything became red and warm. Tommy could feel the lava seeping into his stomach from his mouth and nose. His ears were covered in it too, making his sounds and thoughts muffled. He felt the lava searing his skin, yet it did not hurt. It felt like a warm embrace around and inside his body. He could hear muffled screams, yet he was not the one making the sound. He realized it was the small figure on the ledge that did. He heard his name shouted from the top of his lungs, followed by more screaming and more sobbing. The last thing he heard was one final whisper, "Tommy... no." After, everything went black. He could not hear, he could not see, and that's when he felt his soul lift.

The young boy was now at his knees, reaching down into the lava as if attempting to grab something. He saw a broken compass on the floor, picked it up, and moved it towards his heart. He looked at it, then the lava, then the compass again. He did not move for several hours until he felt a hand. The hand turned into an arm, which turned into a shoulder at which the boy plummeted his head into. After sitting like this for a few minutes, the arm got up, revealing a full body, which spoke. "We have to go, Tubbo." The young boy then nodded his head as Ranboo offered a hand to help. Tubbo got up and walked through the portal. But before doing so, he cast the compass over the edge. 

I really hope that you guys enjoyed this. If you have any suggestions or something please tell me. I'll post as much as I can. Thank you! <33

Word Count : 892