Chapter 6

Fanart by: @jazetalloon Twitter

A/N: Hey guys! Super sorry I haven't posted in so long. I promise I'll try and get on a better schedule. But OML, thank you SOOOO much for the reads. I never thought that this story would get over a thousand views but you guys have obliterated that. Thank you so much. Anyway, I'm gonna post more chapters soon. I promise. Hope you enjoy it so far.

TW: Chapter 6: death, suicide

The young president was now with his cabinet in an old, broken van, a very powerful symbol of their country. Tubbo had difficulty going there, after seeing what had happened to the former founding fathers, his best friends. He looked around and saw Quackity, Fundy, and Ranboo, all standing around the table. Two of them had confused expressions on their face, not knowing what this meeting was about. As far as they knew, everything was fine.

Tubbo looked at Ranboo who nodded his head, knowing exactly what he was thinking. The president cleared his throat and got everyone's attention. "I'm sure you're both confused as to why I called this meeting today," he said.

"Yeah," Fundy started to say. "What happened? Is Technoblade back? Did Dream do something again?!"

Quackity joined in, "I saw him walking towards your office earlier-"

"No," Tubbo quickly cut him off. "It's not about Dream, Techno, or any other threat to L'Manburg." This left even more confused thoughts and faces. "It's about-'' he started to choke up. His eyes were now watery and red, trying to hold back the painful tears. "It's about Tommy," he managed to quietly say under his breath.

"What did you say?" Fundy asked, unable to hear Tubbo's whispers.

Tubbo took a deep breath, starting to calm down again. After a few minutes of silence, Ranboo finally said, "It's about Tommy."

Both Quackity and Fundy sat there in silence. "What about Tommy?" Quackity finally asked, even though by the emotions in the air, and the looks on their faces, he already knew.

"He's dead," Tubbo whispered. But this time, it was loud enough for everyone in the small room to understand. Loud and clear.

Everyone was frozen still, still as a meadow with no wind. You could hear their breathing, Fundy's quickening from shock, and Quackity's stopped in horror and questioning.

"What do you mean he's dead?!" Fundy said, breaking the silence, "How? When?"

"Four days ago," Tubbo answered shortly, hold back the floodgate of tears he wanted so desperately to open. To just let it all out. But he was the president and these were his people. He had to be strong for them. He just had to be. "In the nether. He-" he choked. "He... he jumped. Off the edge. Into the lava. Right in front-" Tears blocked his vision. He could hardly breathe without almost crying. His knees felt weak. He wanted to fall to the floor, to burst out into tears, yet he wouldn't let himself. He had to be strong for his country, for their country.

"He- he-" Quackity stuttered, "he what?"Everyone there was still in disbelief. None of them wanted to accept it, but eventually, they all had to.

Just then, Ranboo looked out the small window out the front of the van and saw a glimpse of a floating, lost spirit. "What?" Ranboo thought. "Is that-" His head began to fill with complicated forever unanswered questions, just like before. He had just one moment of peace, the eye of an eternal hurricane.

"So," Quackity softly started to say, "how do we tell everyone else? How are we going to tell Wilbur?"

"Wilbur probably already knows," Ranboo said, finally looking back at his friends. "I saw him walking by earlier, he seemed different. He was acting... stranger than usual. So, he probably already knows." Ranboo looked at the floor, his mind absents from the rest of the room. He was trying to think back to that glimpse he saw. Even though he told himself it was just the wind, he wouldn't let it go. Some part of him just had to know what it was. 

A/N: Sorry btw for the short (and kind of crappy) chapter. Chapter 7 will be out soon ... hopefully. Also, please leave any suggestions or comments or whatever if you want to. Thanks!

Word Count: 721