Chapter 8

Art by: @thxfortheven0m on Twitter

Chapter was mostly written by: @justadrawingwren on TikTok

A/N: So, this chapter was mostly written by my friend. I asked them to write a single paragraph because I had writer's block and he wrote the whole damn chapter! Anyway, if you cry, it wasn't my doing this time...

TW: Chapter 8: manipulation, amnesia, death, fainting

Tommy wakes up alone and for the first time, he felt cold... He shivers and looks around, Wilbur is nowhere to be found. Tommy gets up and looks through chests and finds some invisibility potions. I don't think Wilbur would mind if I borrow a few. He takes three, drinking one and pocketing the rest. Tommy goes out of Wilbur's home in search of something. What that something was, he didn't know.

He shivers again as he follows the path. His head pounds as he tries to remember the memories he recently gained. They are all about Dream. Dream. Who's Dream? The memories are fuzzy, but in a way, warm. Tommy can't tell if they are good or bad memories and when he tries to think about it too hard his head starts to hurt. The first memory he can think about is when he first got to Logstedshire. Thinking about anything before that just gives him a headache. The sharp pain in his head returns him to reality, away from his thoughts.

He looks around and finds himself at the portal, the place where he left the nether. Shivering and his head throbbing he entered the nether, embracing the warmth. He stands on the bridge where he...he... It's hard for him to think about the reality that is his death.

He sits down, legs dangling off the edge. He has no worry about falling in, yet the lava doesn't seem very welcoming today. Hot red tears start streaming down his face, he doesn't know why. Why? Why can't I know the reason for feeling certain ways? The answer to his question, he didn't know. How could he know when he's the one asking? He decides to get up and walk around, fleeing from a place of bad- bad? No, not bad. Sad memories that burn you when touched. Memories that gave a warm feeling in Tommy's heart-some kind of happiness - but memories that left Tommy shivering nonetheless.

Tommy walks off the path, as soon as he is able to, wanting to embrace the familiarity of the nether. The netherack is hard and hot against his ghostly feet. He doesn't wish to go into the lava, haunted by the odd feeling memories that are encased within it. Tommy walks away from the bridge and deeper into the nether. He passes piglins, pigmen, and other creatures of the nether. He walks and walks, his headache gone and forgotten.

He eventually comes across a soulsand biome. He doesn't think about it. He can just walk on it without it slowing him down. Somethings different today, he steps onto the soulsand and gets a weird feeling. It starts in his chest and slowly spreads the rest of his body, making him uneasy. He steps back to the safety of the netherack. He decides that he should head back, Wilbur might get worried if he can't find Tommy. So, Tommy turns around and walks back the way he came. Oddly, his headache returns as he gets closer to the bridge.

By the time the bridge is in sight, he can barely hear his own thoughts. He looks to the bridge and sees a figure. Something is familiar about this stranger. Although Tommy is too far away to make out any details, he can see the stranger wearing green. He still isn't ready for people to know he's a ghost yet, but his headache makes him not care too much. He gets onto the bridge, his vision getting blurred from pain. He approaches the stranger. The stranger turns around and Tommy can hear the man yell his name in a questioning tone, right before Tommy passes out.

He wakes up to a man in green wearing a mask, that covers his face. Tommy's headache is gone, almost like it was never there.

"How long was I out?" Tommy questions the man.