Chapter 11

A/N:  Here's to being the most irregular updater ever! I've been working on something else and honestly, lost motivation. BUT don't worry. With theater over, I'll have a LOT more free time, until finals, and I'll get to hang out with my amazing BFF, who also writes stories, to constantly yell at me to continue a chapter. ADHD, get distracted, oh well. lmao. 

P.S. You might want to read a little bit of the last chapter to remeber before reading this chapter :)

Check out @JustaShadyRen, for a new story he just started! <-- My BFF and editor

TW: Chapter 11: manipulation, swearing

Dream looked at Tommy with a confused look on his face. "What do you mean you don't know?" he asked, with a fairly acerbic tone.

"I don't know, I- I guess I just- I just... don't... really kn- know..." Tommy stuttered, feeling like he'd done something wrong.

"Well," Dream started, putting his hand on Tommy's shoulder, reassuringly "when you do find out, I'm here. You know I'll always be here, right?" He gave a slight smerk under his mask.

"Yeah, I know," Tommy smiled as he finally felt accepted by the masked man. "For some reason, I just always feel like you'll be there. No matter what happens to me, you're always there."

Dream looked at Tommy with a grin on his face. Together, they walked away from the community house, towards the Nether portal.

By the time they got to the Portal, the sun was already starting to set. While the sky became painted with a symphony of colors, Tommy just sat there for a few minutes and watched. He watched as the colors came and left, hiding under the horizon until the next sunset. He began to feel more chilly as a thin blanket of stars and darkness covered the sky above him. A smile grew on Tommy's face. Eventually, his daze was broken by a familiar sound calling his name. Once again, dragging him back to reality.

"Tommy?" Dream called out, again. "Tommy!" he finally yelled.

Tommy's head shot up to Dream, with his eyes wide-opened and worried. "What? I'm so sorry. I just got lost in thought. I think. Though I don't really remember what I was thinking about."

"It's all good," Dream gave another one of his reassuring smiles. "I just said that we should probably get going. It's getting dark and mods are gonna start to spawn."

"Yeah, you're right." Tommy smiled up at Dream.

Dream turned around and started walking away. "Alright, start heading home, you got it?" Tommy's head nodded. Dream smiled, "See ya later, Tommy." He raised his hand to wave goodbye but never turned around to look the ghost in his eyes.

As the horizon swallowed the tall figure, Tommy just stood there, watching. He had an urge to run towards him but also wanted to run to the Nether portal. Tommy began pacing back and forth, talking to himself. One could hear him mumbling, "Dream said to head home. But where is home? I don't have one anymore. Logstedshire? No. The compass? No, that leads to Tubbo. Dream said Tubbo's exiled me. Ghostbur's house? No, that's his home, fucking idiot. Find your own." He continued going on for a little bit.

He abruptly stopped and froze. The sound of a bow being drawn echoed in his ears. A memory, but one that doesn't spark joy. "The Duel," Tommy said aloud. He raised his hand and put it over his chest. He didn't feel anything. No skin, no breath, no heartbeat. Looking to his left, he found a skeleton, bow drawn, aimed at Tommy's beatless heart. He released the string. Tommy closed his eyes expecting pain to be rushing through his nervous system.

However, when didn't feel anything, he looked up to see the skeleton standing there not moving a muscle, well, in his case, a bone. Tommy looked down to see the arrow stabbing the floor behind him. "Hahaha!" Tommy bursted into laughter. "It went- You tried- right through- dumbass- " he continued to laugh, not being able to make a full sentence. He rolled to the ground, pointing at the dumb founded skeleton. The skeleton tried to shoot him again, but alas, it went through nothing, hitting the floor. The defeated skeleton threw his bow on the ground and walked away. After he got a few steps away, he ran back, picked up to bow, and stormed off again.

Tommy whipped the hot, lava tears from his face. But these ones were okay. They were tears of joy and laughter. These were the ones he forever wanted to have. Floating back up, he started walking towards the Nether, not even thinking remembering what he was talking about before.

Tommy walked around the Overworld. He walked till the sun rose up and painted the sky all bright colors again. He watched the world transform from an era of cold, dark, silent frightfulness, to one of joy, music, color and hope. He wished he could find hope, find love, find himself in this burning, bleak, hardened skin he found himself in. To his dismay, he hadn't found anything yet. Nothing but rejection, lies, death, misery- and dreams. He began to remember his dreams of early L'Manburg with Wilbur, Tubbo, Fundy, people he cared about and people he always wanted to protect and take care of. He always thought he'd get back the love he gave some day, when he really needed it, but he couldn't find any time where it was paid back.

Tommy's face fumed, his skin becoming more like lava than igneous rock, thinking about how everyone else took before they gave. Always blamed Tommy for everything bad that happened. For every life lost, every war started, every promise broken, for every heart that beat a little less at the end of the day. But they took all the credit for the good things he did for others. He helped start a country, multiple times, he stood by his friend's side even when he was losing it, he gave up his most prized possesions for what others wanted, he risked his life for his friends, his family.

Dream noticed the lava boy becoming more and more fumed, every angry thought causing a new fire to burn on his skin and burn in his soul. Dream yelled to the boy but his voice had fallen on deaf ears. Dead ears. Dream opened his mouth one last time, but suddenly, there was a Boom!. It snapped Tommy, alerted Dream, and just then, they locked eyes with each other. Tommy's angry eyes are full of hot, dripping magma running down his black cheeks. Dream's hidden under a broken mask, eyes black to the world, but green to him. His dirty, sadden blond hair became damp with the tears of angels and Tommy's flames were washed out, on the outside. They stood, the heavens cried, the sky flashed, and the world shouted, so loud. 

A/N: That's it... I'll finish another, chapter soon! One that has a little more plot. Love y'all and thank you to anyone who's still reading! XD

Word Count: 1181