Chapter 7 Lilly's POV

I think Ryder is my mate, I asked Ghost she said she thinks that's where the pine cone and fresh water smell is coming from but she is confused by her senses she isn't use to using them.  The only thing I can think of is to hold his hand, when we touch it was electric, we both look down at our hands,
" Did you feel that?" I said
He looked up and smiled,
" You are my mate, I sensed you the day we meet but you couldn't feel me, I didn't want to scare you"
" thank you " I said still looking at our hands
"So, I was a normal care free teenager, there was me my brother Connor and my best friend Mason who was also the Alpha's son, we came as a 3, we did everything together, everyone thought me and Mason would be mates, but I saw him as my best friend or as another brother but anyways, I turned 15 and I didn't shift well my eyes did to the bright blue they are now but I can't change them back, I could hear my wolf in my head but she wouldn't or couldn't come out"
We had started walking, still holding hands, Ryder was rubbing his thumb in circles on my hand, I think to calm me down because my heart was going a million miles an hour.
" From that day onward no one spoke to me, I was an outcast, my family completely ignored me and Mason started to bully me and got the whole school involved, I hated it, I hated being alive" I was crying by this point, I don't know when I started.
" I was allowed to school and that was it, I had to stay in my room, sometimes they wouldn't even feed me"
I looked up at Ryder, he looked like he wanted to kill someone, but his thumb was still going round in circles on my hands, I think now this was keeping him calm. I wiped the tears from my face and carried on
" I turned 18 by myself and that's when I shifted but I don't think it went right, I'm not sure I was in so much pain, I was screaming for help but no one came" my tears had started again, we stopped walking and Ryder turned me around and buried me in his chest. I don't know how long we stood like that, I could hear his heart beating so fast. I looked up at him and he was looking down
" I feel very short next to you" I said trying to wipe the tears away,
He smiled and used his thumbs to brush the last of the tears from my face.
I sat down looking out at the view, he sat behind me with his legs either side of me and his arms round my chest his head resting on my head. I felt safe for the first time in nearly 4 years I felt safe.
" I hadn't told anyone, by this point it had been 2 weeks, I had 1 last exam then I was free from school, I finished my exam and went to find Mason to tell him what had happen, I'm not sure why but I wanted him to be the first person I told even tho he caused me so much pain, but I never got to tell him because I over heard him talking to someone basically saying I was worthless and he was going to get rid of me, at this point I realised I was blind and stupid for thinking anything would change, I grabbed the few clothes I had my passport and the little bit of money I had, I also stole some from my brother, headed to the airport and spent the next 10 months in the USA learning to live again, And that's my life"