♡︎

I've been doing like nothing but pretending to do school work and playing minecraft for the past month but hello
I keep y'all waiting so long for an update that takes like 40 seconds to read BAHA-

Anyways I love you, happy reading :-)
Music on the next slide as always
————————————————————-

Monday (continued),

Me and Toko pushed to the back of the bus, she only recently started sitting by me instead of by herself up at the front. She didn't seem interested in making any other friends which- to each their own- but, I would think she'd at least want one other person to talk to.
I don't mind being her only friend but at the same time, I can't help but be kinda worried.

I scooted to the side, letting Toko slide into the window seat. Honestly, I hate having the aisle seat more than anything, but ya know- sacrifices must be made I guess.
Toko shuffled her bag from her shoulders and into her lap, then looked up to me with a nervous grin.
I scooted in next to her and her grin got all giddy and blushy like.
I gave her a sideways smile, shifting my bag onto the floor between my legs.

"Uhm..." Toko started,
"What's up?"
She bit her lip and gripped the straps of her bag.
"I- now d-don't think th-this means a-anything- b-but, I got you s-something..."
My heart started going a mile a minute, and I couldn't hold back that stupid smile on my face.
She hastily undid the zipper on her bag and shifted through a bunch of books,
"Toko- you didn't have to get me anything. I appreciate the sentiment, but like- I dunno, you don't ever need to go out your way for me-"
She huffed, rolling her eyes "Y-You need to learn h-how to be quiet s-sometimes. I-I already w-went through the t-trouble to get y-you this..."

She was right, but ouch.
I watched her eyes light up when she found what she was looking for.
It was an old notebook- the binding was coming undone, and there were some water stains on the cover.
I gave her a little bit of a confused look,
"D-Don't give me that face! Th-This book is r-really imports t-to me!"
"C'mon Toko, I wasn't trying to be mean- I just don't know what it is."
The sharp glare she was giving me faded away, she looked down at the raggedy old book,
"It's m-my first copy o-of S-So Lingers In The Ocean..."
I couldn't believe she would still have this- let alone give it to me.
"Woah... Toko..."
"A-And I've h-had it since I w-was ten, so y-you better take care o-of it! O-Or I'll make you r-regret it!"
My hands flew up and waved back, motioning for her to calm down. She gets so loud and defensive out of nowhere- and other people on the bus really don't like loud noises this early.
"Toko- I promise I'll take real good care of it but, please calm down-"
Toko shoved the book my way,

"J-Just take it."
I slowly brought my hands up, taking the book from her.
"I-I um..."
Toko shifted awkwardly, turning her head to look out the window.
"Wh-When y-you told me that y-you really like m-my book I...- I know it's s-stupid- b-but I thought th-that you'd l-like the original."

My heart might've stuttered right there.
"Toko, thank you."
I really couldn't put up a fight against the big stupid smile that grew on my face.
My fingers ran along the binding, I flipped open a few pages in- it was all in her handwriting, not the typewriter look that I originally expected.
So when she said original, she really meant the original.

I looked up from the book and saw her reflection in the window, she had a huge smile on her face- she looked almost proud of herself?
"Y-You're welcome."