♡︎

I just be posting bullshart chapters once in a blue moon sorry y'all.
My only excuse is work but I'm part time so the real culprit is laziness.
anyways gay people,
Here's your meal for today
—————————————————————-

Tuesday,

So, I made the horrible mistake of telling grandpa about my date- or rather, my pretend date with Toko this Friday.

And he, naturally as he does, made a huge deal out of it- going as far as to drag me down to the diner for a celebratory dinner.

I was sat down across from him at a red booth- the diner and one of those vintage feels, been around the 60's and grandpa says the only thing that's changed since is the staff.

"So, kiddo,"
Grandpa cut himself off by taking a bite of his burger, and when he decided it was chewed enough, he started up again- talking to me with his mouth half full.

"Where do you plan on takin' 'er?" He swallowed.

I looked down and stared at my plate, lighting picking at my meal- I was too worked up to really eat much.
"Well- it's more so where she plans on taking me."
Grandpa hummed, stuffing a few fries into his mouth.
"She wants to go down near the lake, and QUIT making this seem like a real date, cause it's not."

Grandpa nodded, "Whatever you say kiddo, but when yer up at the altar with her, I want you to remember all the times you said it was nothin'."

I rolled my eyes, shook my head, and took a bite of my food.
He's got a screw loose.

"We'll have to put you in somethin' nice. Nothin' grubby or anythin' she's seen you in already."

"I have to ask her what she has in mind... this is for her book so I'll probably have to find something that fits the theme."

"Text her then."

"Right now?"

"Well yeah, I'm not gettin' any younger now am I?"

I shakily took out my phone, and before I could blink it was snatched out of my hand.

"Gran-"

"Oh shush your trap. I'm gonna text 'er, knowin' you- you'll ask it all weird."

He was right but what the fuck.

"Do you even know my password?"

"A'course I do. I go through this thing all the time."

"You what-"

"Shush."

I sunk back into my seat, grandpa pulled his glasses down the bridge of his nose and tilted his head upward, eyes still stuck on the screen of MY phone.

"The hearts next to her contact name- I suppose that's just you lovin' up on her platonically, huh?"

"Can you just give me it back?"

Grandpa glared at me over the rim of his glasses.

"So that's a no?"

His eyes went back down to the screen, and with one tap of his hand I could hear the loud FaceTime ringtone.

"Gran'pa no! What're you doing?!"

He stuck a wrinkled palm out at me,
"Relax kiddo, I'm jus-"
The pick up tone sounded off,
"Hey! How's it goin' four eyes!"

"M-Mister (Last Name)?"

God I want to perish.
I rested my head on the table and covered my head in shame.

"My very lovely, very single, grandkid wanted to ask you something."
I can't believe he'd embarrass me like this.

I could hear him shift in his seat, and I looked up to see him holding the phone in front of my face.

Toko was on the screen with a pretty confused expression. She didn't have her braids in, all her hair was tied back into a bun, aside from the wispy bits of her bangs that she usually had.

I looked into my grandpa's eyes, begging him to just hang up.
"Well? go on."
Fuck.

"Uh- hey, Toko."
I tried to take my phone back but the look I got from grandpa just about turned me to stone.

"Wh-What's going on? Is th-this some stupid j-joke you're trying to pull on me? I-If you don't want to go on a date w-with me- A P-PRETEND DATE- then just-"

"No! No Toko I wanna go- I do. My grandpa is just being stupid-"

"Naw, I'm bein' helpful. Toko, tell them I'm being helpful."

"Wh-what?"
Poor thing looked so confused.

"Um- this was all just to ask you what I should wear for our date- the pretend one."

"J-just whatever you'd normally wear o-on a date..."

"Ok-"
Grandpa took the phone back, a little too close to his face,
"Alrighty kiddo, see ya, bye!"

And with that he hung up and slid the phone over to me.

"You said you were gonna text her for me."

"I changed my mind."
He took a few fries off my plate and shoveled them into his mouth.