♡︎

Aaaaaaaaaa I really liked writing this chapter! I dunno why but like, writing family fluff makes me happy eusggsbsh so yeaH
Happy reading, I love you :-)

You know the drill.
-----------------------------

Friday (cont)

It was a little bit later on in the evening when we came stumbling down stairs together in search of a feast.
You can only read so many shitty fanfics before getting ravenous and feral.
We turned the corner as we hit the bottom of the stairs and I led her down the hall to the kitchen, where my grandpa was sat, leaning forward in a chair at the kitchen table. In front of him was his scrapbook that he's had since his senior year in high school.
Grandpa's hands were covered globs of glue- though he's been going at this scrapbook for years, he never gets any less messy.

Toko stopped at the threshold of the kitchen when she saw him.
My grandpa looked up, a smile spreading on his lips and his wrinkles deepened.
"How you girls doing? Having fun?"
I nodded, looking back at Toko who also timidly nodded- though not looking at him anymore but at me. I walked over to the tall cupboard that was in the corner behind my grandpa, and swung it open.
Grandpa pushed up his glasses and tilted his head upward a little to get a better look at Toko.
"You don't gotta be scared kiddo, I ain't gonna bite none. C'mon in."

Toko awkwardly followed behind me, she looked over grandpa's shoulder and watched him stick down a photo I took of him with Bowie on our front porch.
I guess he could feel her staring cause he started trying to tell her about his scrapbook.
"Ya know, I've been at this since high school. Uh-huh ever since I was your age."
I pulled a bag of chips from the middle shelf,
"He tells this to all my friends, just let him have his moment."
At that grandpa let out a guttural, deep belly laugh.
"D'She give that attitude to you, Toko?"
I watched Toko get a small grin on her face- warming up to my grandpa a bit,
"O-Only all the t-time..."
"Hey!"
I jokingly stomped my feet as I walked over to the cabinet above the sink, taking out a bowl and setting it down on the counter.
"It don't go away neither. If she's bein' nice to you, she's lyin'!"
I rolled my eyes, tearing open the bag of chips and pouring some in the bowl.
"W-Well she's n-never nice to me, s-so I don't have t-to worry a-about being lied to."
I could hear Toko fighting back laughter as she spoke,
"Nuh-uh! Look how nice I am right now. Getting you chips so you're not hungry. I'm so nice, all the time."
I could hear the creak of the wooden chair from Grandpa leaning back in it,
"You ain't doing it outta the goodness of your heart. You only gettin' it cause you gotta."
"Why am I being attacked?!"
I couldn't help but laugh, trotting over to the tall cupboard, putting the chips back then flicking Grandpa's shoulder.
"Look at that, Toko. She'd hit an old man."
Toko covered her mouth, hiding the grin as she nodded.
"Horrible, evil, and heinous, both of you."
I picked up the bowl and motioned for Toko to come with me back upstairs.
"Uh-huh, you girls don't stay up too late."
"Alright, Pap."
"I-It was n-nice meeting you..."
My grandpa smiled and nodded before leaning forward again to work on his scrapbook.
We started down the hall,
"H-He seems... n-nice."
"Yeah, when he's not bullying me."
She let out a short, breathy laugh.
And a genuine smile creeped up on her face.