♡︎

Music on the next slide! ♡︎
I haven't written for a while so my apologies if this comes across as messy! And I've never written for Toko before either so I'm excited to see how this turns out :-)
Happy reading you gay bitch. ♡︎
--------------------------------------

It was a Tuesday when we met.

Early morning too- maybe around 6:00 AM, I just remember feeling groggy and looking around in a sleepy daze as fog settled over the buildings- morning frost blanketed the grass...hums of crickets got stirred up when I walked past a particularly overgrown part of the sidewalk on my way to school.
Felt like my feet weren't really a part of me either, they knew the way to the bus stop and unconsciously my legs brought me closer.
I guess after walking to the same place every day, your body just kinda knows what to do.

There's this one house right across the street from the bus stop and they got this little yappy dog- I think it's a terrier but I've never been one to know all about dog breeds or anything. But anyways, the old lady that lives there lets the little rodent out pretty much as soon as I get there and it just jumps and yaps at me until the bus pulls up.
This one time it got out and I had to book it down the street- it gave a pretty good chase for how small it was.

But anywho,
I turn the corner and see this girl I've never seen before at the stop. So naturally I'm a little worried- it's usually just me all by myself and that's honestly something I prefer- not in like a weird hermit type of way it's just that when it's only you and some other person you feel like you gotta make small talk.
And that's uncomfortable for everyone involved.
I don't think she's noticed me yet cause she's just letting out this whole string of curses and she's got a half-done braid on one side of her hair.

"S-Stupid! I don't n-need this sh- this shit right now..."

I'm just a few feet or so away from the stop and now I get a full take in of her.
She's got real long hair- it's like a brunette-ish purpley color? I wouldn't know the name of it. This girl's got tanned skin with a crooked pair of glasses set on the bridge of her nose- the lenses kinda fogged up cause of the chilly morning air.
I catch a glimpse of a snapped hair tie in her fingers.
"Uh, hey-"
"GHRA-!"
I flinch and reel back a bit, and this chick flings the broken hair tie and stumbles back, barely managing to catch herself. She put a hand to her chest and breathed heavily, you woulda thought she just witnessed a crime.

"I'm sor-"
"Hey! D-do you al-always go around- s-scaring people w-who are just- just trying t-to mind their own b-business!?"
She stuck out an accusing finger at me.
"Not intentionally! I was just tryna see if you were ok. I'm sorry."
She made this weird rumbly pout noise and clutched the half of her braid that was still intact.
"U-Uhmn..."
Her eyes fell to the floor, the edges of her mouth twitching.
"Your braid came undone?"
She grimaced at the pavement, "O-obviously..."
Yeesh what is wrong with this lady?

My hands borrowed into my pockets looking for at least a rubber band- I couldn't find anything so I went to pull my hands out of  my pockets and I felt one of the woven bracelets kinda roll down my hand.
You just gotta make due?
"So, I don't have a hair tie on me but I got this little bracelet I made and maybe if we tie it right it'll hold your braid- I dunno- maybe."
God I talk like an idiot.
She looked at my hands as I rolled the bracelet from my wrist and down my hand. The strings used were your typical pride flag colors- I guess I liked to be subtle when I flashed my homoness.

Tanned palms cautiously took the bracelet from my hand,
"Uhm... h- er- hm-"
I guess that's thank you enough?
"N-not that you'll r-remember or anything b-but-... m-my names T-Toko... Toko Fukawa..."
Toko's fingers threaded through her hair, separating sections and braiding.
"Oh cool..."
I watched her fix her braid and tie it off with the bracelet, then I remembered- 'Hey clown, you should probably introduce yourself back.'
"Oh! Yeah- ok! Hi, name's __name __ but my friends call me __nickname__. It's actually pretty funny how I got that nickname- ya see I-"
"I-I don't think I n-need a b-back- a back story..."
"Right."