♡︎

I don't have much to say this time around other than I hope you enjoy this! Happy reading, I love you.

Music on the next slide but what else is new.
❥-------------------------------------
Friday

School ended a few hours ago and I've been home for a while tryna get everything together for when Toko shows up.
My mind is racing and I don't know why, I've never been this nervous about having someone over before.
Like I usually leave my room as it is- ya know, some stray clothes on the floor, covering up the chair with a funky colored blanket- but today I actually cleaned. And I mean cleaned.
I picked up all my clothes and cleaned off the chair.
I mean I dusted the shelves for god's sake, I never do that. 
And on top of that, we- (I) decided that it would be even better if she slept over- so I had to make sure my pillows and sheets and all that fun bed stuff was washed and didn't stink like cats and me.
I stumbled my way downstairs and flung myself down on the old lazy boy my grandpa is way too attached to.
I hope she doesn't think the house is ugly or something. I know we kinda let this place go, and a lot of the stuff we have isn't up to date.
My grandpa still hasn't let go of the 70's so a lot of our furniture looks tacky and hella old.
Speaking of my grandpa, he said he'd stay downstairs in the basement and watch M.A.S.H. so he doesn't bother us. Which is sweet of him, but I don't think we'd mind if he wanted to talk to us or anything.
My cat, Bowie padded in from the kitchen and rubbed at my ankles.
Oh god,
I hope she's not allergic to cats.
She probably would've said something right? I talk about my cat a lot so I feel like she woulda brought it up at some point if she did have allergies, yeah?
But Toko isn't really someone who shares personal stuff even if it is something as important as that.
Or maybe it's not even a bad reaction she has?
Maybe it's just the sniffles?
But then again, what if it's real bad?
What if-
There was a knock at the door.
When I tell you that I jumped up from that lazy boy like a fool, I mean it.
A scampered to the door and opened it, revealing a nervous as ever, Toko Fukawa.
She wasn't in her normal uniform- (our school didn't even require a uniform but she insisted on wearing one) and it almost gave me whiplash.
She had on this cute little crew neck sweater- it was a pretty deep mahogany color with deep red specks. And she had on this pretty khaki colored skirt too.
Very cute.
It's ok to think your friends are cute right? Yeah.
Ok.
She gave me a little wave before tucking her hand in and around the strap of a bag that was slung around her shoulders.
"H-Hi..."
"Hey, c'mon in." I stepped to the side and opened the door wider for her to come in.
I saw her taking in the house, looking around and watching Bowie trot downstairs to grandpa.
I closed the door behind us and stepped into my house a bit more ya know, I couldn't help but get a little nervous again.
"You don't have to, but if you're comfortable enough- you can take off your shoes. I dunno, only if you want to-"
Toko nodded, removing her shoes and setting them down by door.
"Also- sorry if the house looks a bit raggedy, I haven't gotten around to cleaning."
That's a lie, I spent like three hours scrubbing down this place.
"N-No, it's fine... i-it doesn't look r-raggedy."
I nodded, quietly sighing to myself.
We kinda just stood there awkwardly for a good few seconds.
"Sooo, you wanna come set your stuff down in my room?"
She seemed pretty taken off guard by this,
"Y-Your r-room?!" She peeped, clutching her bag closer to herself.
"Yeah-?"
"Y-You want... m-me to g-go in your r-room?"
I really don't understand what's so weird about this? I thought it was normal? I'm pretty sure it is at least- I've been in my friends' rooms all the time for sleep overs- and they've been in mine too.
I didn't know what to tell her, I just gave her a confused sort of look.
"You... Y-You better n-not do anything w-weird."
She snapped at me, pointing her finger at my face.
Oh.
"Ew Toko, I'm not gross like that!"
"Th-That's what th-they all say!"
"I'm not they!"
She grimaced at me, recoiling her finger and holding it at her chest.
"Y-You s-seriously better n-not pull anything..."
I let out a huff and walked to the stairs,
"I'm not gonnaaa, now let's go already."
"Hmmgrh..."
She looked down at the floor then followed to the stairs,
"F-Fine."