♡︎

We on that writing grind once again babes. I thought I was gonna struggle big time with frequent updates but I'm really enjoying writing this so- aaaaaa I'm excited to write the next chapter too swag swag swag swag

Anyways, I hope you enjoy reading this chapter, I love you.

Still music on the next slide!
-------------------------------------------

Thursday.

I got Toko to sit next to me at lunch on Monday. She seemed a little nervous cause a few of my other friends were sitting at a table with us.
I don't think my friends are really all that scary though, they're actually the first people that started talking to me when I switched to this school during my freshman year.
But even so, I think Toko was uncomfortable. I mean, they can get pretty loud and she doesn't seem like the type of person who likes that.
So on Tuesday we went to sit in the art room so I could work on a project- there weren't so many people in there either, and most of the time it's pretty quiet unless the band kids come in and bother the art teacher.
Toko seemed a bit less nervous in there so we're probably gonna eat in the art room until the teacher gets tired of us.
We sit next to each other in the back of the room- sometimes we talk and sometimes we just sit together in silence, just kinda doing our own thing.
I dunno if it's awkward for her but, it's actually really nice for me.
She told me that she likes to write so when she has her notebook out, I tend to just let her do her thing and try not to bother her.

Maybe I'll see if she's down to hangout outside of school too, like have a sleepover or something.

Today she seemed happy. Which is nice cause pretty much every day up until now she's been all sorts of gloomy.
She sat herself down next to me while I was working on my landscape painting. I'm trying to get it done by Friday next week but I keep messing up on the trees reflecting on the water so who knows when I'm actually gonna finish this.

Anyways, she didn't smile or anything but the general air about her was much less tense.
"What's got you in a good mood?"
I didn't look at her, I was busy trying to figure out how the hell reflections work.
"I-I wouldn't c-call it a g-good mood but... I-I w-was really in-inspired to w-write last night a-and... and w-well I got a g-good portion o-of my n-new b-book done..."
I nodded, dipping my brush in some paint thinner and brushed along a thick glob of paint on the wax paper at my side.
"Huh..."
"Wh-What?"
"I don't think you've ever talked that much to me."
"W-Well- you t-talk all the time... I n-never get to s-say anything."
We both know that's not true. Yeah, I talk a lot but there's always these long pauses cause she either doesn't give a full response or just doesn't say anything at all.
"Pfft ok."
"I-It's t-true!"
I rolled my eyes, setting down my paint brush,
"What're you writing about anyways?"
"W-Why would I t-tell you?"
"Uhh I dunno- why not?"
I picked up the small carton of apple juice on my lunch tray and took a sip.
"Y-you might steal it o-or s-something..."
I swallowed and shook my head.
"Yeah right, you know I'm pretty much illiterate."
Toko grimaced and looked down.
"Y-yeah th-that's true."
"Rude. And anyways, I wouldn't do that to you in the first place."
I set down the carton and looked back at my painting- a little disappointed in myself.
"M-...."
Toko fidgeted her hands at her chest, eyes darting from the floor, then to me, then off to the front of the classroom.
"M-maybe I'll l-let you r-read some of it so-someday... as long as y-you promise n-not to laugh at m-me."
Why would I laugh at her? I won't laugh. Unless it's really stupid, then I might.
I nodded, shifting my weight on my legs before crossing them.
"Alright."
That's when I remembered I wanted to see if she wanted to hang out.

"Oh hey!"
She jolted a bit, looking back at me with startled eyes,
"Wh-what?"
I scooted my chair back, facing her.
"If you're not doing anything this weekend, do you wanna come over?"
"H-huh?!"
"Do you want to come over?"
She just sat there in silence, her hands wildly fidgeting and her fingers tapped together.
Her brows furrowed and she glared at me.
Uh oh.
"Y-You're joking, r-right?"
"Huh?"
"Y-You just w-want me to-... to get my h-hopes up. Y-You're just-"
"C'mon Toko, I don't have anything to do this weekend and none of my friends are gonna be free."
"S-So I'm j-just your l-last resort..."
"No? Look, do you want to come over or not?"
Once again, she just sat there. She pushed up her glasses, then her hands fell to her lap, picking at the fabric of her skirt.
"S-Sure. I g-guess."