Growing Up

"When I grow up.." Young y/n started as she stared up at the man preparing her snacks. "We're gonna fall in love."
"Is that so?" He chuckled.
"Yup. We're gonna live in a big house." You held your arms out wide as he sat the plate of food in front of you.

He leaned on the counter and watched as you rambled about your future life with him.
"Even though I'm 10 right now.." You smiled brightly. "You'll love me later. When I'm 30 you'll love me!"
"When you're 30 I'll be 50. Isn't that a little too old?"

You thought about it for a while. The age difference was pretty big. But you didn't care.

"Will you be ugly when you're 50?"
"I hope not." He laughed.
"Me too. I can't love you if you're ugly, Johnny"
"Noted. Eat up."

Surely the years went on and your relationship grew. When your parents weren't there, he was. He saw almost every part of your life. He saw the good and bad and all the people that came and went along the way.

You admired him through those twenty years. Even occasionally reminding him..

"Do you love me yet?"
"Yes. But not the way you want right?" He would reach up and pet your hair like he did when ever you were upset as a kid.
"When I'm 30. You'll love me."
"Don't stop yourself from living because you like me okay?" He'd lift your chin to look at him.
"Okay. I'll keep living and you'll come around.

To that he would just smirk. That's when you figured it out. No matter how old you got, no matter how many times you'd prove to him you had grown up, he still saw you as kid.

It wasn't until you were sleeping in his bed that he saw how grown you really were.

That night you had decided you weren't going to settle for a dinner with a couple of friends.
"Let's go out."
"Huh?"
"You know, to a club. In a couple hours my 20's will be gone so why not?"
"Okay. Let's do it!"

So it was set. They would pick you up around 10 and you would party the night away. It was the last night in your 20's after all.

You got ready pulling out make up that you hadn't used since you bought it. You dug in the back of your closet for a dress and did your hair however your hands led you.

"Okayy shoes. I need shoes." You squatted down on the floor digging around for your black heels. "Where are they?" You muttered.

"Hey is it okay if i leave these here just for today?" You asked with a box of brand new heels in your hand.
"Sure. Why?" Johnny asked as you pushed them to the back of his closet.
"They've been in my car forever."

"Shit." You groaned getting up and grabbing a pair of crocs instead. You checked the time.

His house wasn't that far, you could just grab the heels and hurry back. You hurried out of the house and into your car, driving to his home.

Lucky he was awake, sitting in the living room when you rapidly knocked on the door. He looked out the peephole at you eager to get in.

He unlocked the door and you pushed past him.
"Hello birthday girl!" He yelled up the steps as you rushed to his room to grab the shoes.

You pulled them out and sat on his bed, putting them on.

"What are you-" He stopped talking as he watched you put on the heels. His eyes trailed up from your feet to your hips. The way he felt, he was trying to deny it for years as you grew up in front of him.

You smiled as you stood up with the heels on.
"You like?" You smiled smoothing down the dress.
"Y-yes." He said not being able to take his eyes off of you. "You look beautiful."