•The Book (3)•

Dean rests his hands on the counter, looking at you. You have a glass in your hand. It's almost filled to the top with alcohol but you can't bring yourself to drink it. It just sorta floats in your hand as your thoughts cloud your mind.

"Y/N?"
"Hmm?" You take your eyes off the glass and connect with his brown ones.
"I'm sorry."
"You said that already." The tears burning your eyes finally fall.
"I know. It's just after everything you just heard, I needed to say it again."

You wipe the tears and shake your head. "You don't really. It's not your fault."
"I took the job."
"You didn't know."

You assured him that he wasn't in the wrong. Besides there was a bigger problem at hand. Getting rid of this thing.

"Okay." You chug the drink down, wincing as it burns your throat. "We gotta get rid of it."
"We gotta find it first."
"That won't be an issue."

You go to your room and pull out a shoe box from under your bed. You open is and pull the book out.

"You brought it here?" He backs away from it as you sit it on the counter.
"Yes." You say plainly. "What?"
"And you almost broke up with me when I was reading it in your living room." He scoffed.

You rolled your eyes and slide the book towards him, not wanting to touch it for more than a second.

"Go on." You gesture towards it. His lost look intensified. "You've already read it and gone through the ninth gate thing."
"Yeah but I don't want to go back."
"Just open it." You urged.

He opened it carefully. Nothing happened. He became less cautious as he flipped through the pages. When he was done, he went back to the beginning to see if anything changed. It had.

"What the hell?" He squinted.
"What? What is it?"
"I didn't sign this." He holds it up, pointing to his initials.
"Dean, stop playing with me." You move away from him and shake your head. "You don't remember signing that?"
"Hell no."
"Don't say that!"
"Y/N calm down. Me saying hell isn't gonna summon the devil before us." He rolls his eyes but part of him didn't even believe that.

You paced the room, pinching yourself and making sure this wasn't some fever dream.
"Get it out."
"Y/N-"
"Dean I want it out! Take it with you or something please."
"Baby. Come on now. Breath. Don't freak out."

You pulled you to his chest, rubbing your back. You started to calm down as he spoke softly. You wrap your arms around his waist and take in his scent. He felt the same and smelt the same but he wasn't the same Dean you remembered. Something, you didn't know what it was, was different about him.

"I still want it out. I'm scared Dean."
"I know. I know and I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do this to you. I should've just kept it to myself."
"Stay with me? Please?" You hadn't let go of him yet and you didn't plan on it any time soon.

He agreed to stay for the night only if he slept on the couch. You gladly accepted and gave him anything he would need for the night.

While you slept in your bedroom, he sat in the living room with a single lamp on. His hair a mess on his head and his glasses barely on his face anymore.

"Now why are you not in that bed with her?" The girl, he still hadn't given her a name, sat beside him.
"She wants me to stay with her not sleep with her."
"Trust me. Either one would've worked." She leans back and crosses her arms.

Dean closes his eyes for a minute and opens them back up slowly.
"Dean?" Your voice caught his attention.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing. I just got a little lonely." You laugh a little. "What are you doing in here?"
"Uh just tryna figure out a way to get rid of the book."

You step further into the room and see his state.
"You didn't sleep?"
"Couldn't." He admits, rubbing his hands together.

You pull on his arm until he gets the hint and stands, following you to your room.
You get under the covers and he does the same.

"I miss us."
"Me too."
"But."
"I knew there was something." He laughs, pulling you closer.
"We can't just start where we stopped. You know that."
"Yeah. I get it. Where do we start?"
"From the beginning."

You look up at him and smile. He pulls you on top of him and smirks.
"What are you doing?"
"Starting from the beginning. I know you remember how we started." He hooks his fingers on the end of your shirt and pulls it over your head.

Y'all know I don't do smut lol. Time jump next morning...

You woke up yo light kisses being peppered all over your face.
"Dean stop." You laugh.
"Good morning gorgeous."
"Hi." You blush as you come to a conclusion.

The sex and aftercare was better than before. Suddenly feeling self conscious, you start to look for your clothes as you wrap an extra blanket around your body.

"Don't do that." He rubs his eyes.
"Do what?"
"You're covering up. Just like you used to. I always tell you. I know your body like the back of my hand so there's no reason to be shy around me."

He pulls the blanket off and smiles, admiring you in the sunlight. You roll your eyes and pull your shirt back over your head. Now feeling comfortable, you sigh.

"Did you find a way to get rid of it?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"You should know I was a little busy." He smirks.
"Well can you figure it out now? I gotta get to work."

He looks taken back from your response.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing."
"Why are you acting like this?"
"Like what Dean?"
"Like we didn't just have the best night of our lives. What is that about?"
"Okay you want to know what that was about? A warm body. A horny night and wanting someone to hold. But it's over so we move on."

He loses his breath and gets out of bed, putting his clothes back on.
"But you said-"
"A horny night and wanting someone to hold. I said whatever I had to get what I wanted."

You grab your towel, phone and speaker, getting ready for your shower. You had worked to hard to get over him. You wouldn't throw it away that quickly. Besides you didn't even know how this whole thing would end. It would be a tragedy to get attached again just to have him snatched away.

When you finish getting ready, the only evidence that Dean was ever there was the scent on the sheets.

Word count: 1159

Okayyy let me know what you think

Okayyy let me know what you think. Btw I love y'all