•When You Wish Upon A Star•

Johnny Depp
~~~

"Wishes don't come true

"Wishes don't come true." You roll your eyes.
"Yes they do." Your friend Nate, tried to convince you.
"We are adults Nate." You chuckle as he lays back on your bed. "Wishes are for kids."
"Not all the time. Look, the first star of the night. Wish for something quick."

He runs to your window and opens it wide. He closes his eyes and mumbles to himself. You watch him. You watch the hope in his eyes as he opens them. He turns to you and grabs your arm, pulling you to the window.
"Come on!"
"I'm not gonna do it!" You laugh.
"Okay just for nostalgia!"

You sigh and close your eyes. I wish for the perfect man to come and swoop me off my feet.

You laugh as you open your eyes.
"What'd you wish for?"
"I can't tell you. It won't come true." You push his shoulder.
"Oh now you believe it!" He laughs. "I'm gonna go. My boss will kill me if I'm late tomorrow."
"Well maybe if you stayed in for a night or two, a hangover wouldn't smack you in the face in the morning."

He rolls his eyes and opens his arms, pulling you into a hug.
"Ugh when did you get so much like a grown up."
"Since I realized my existence isn't free anymore."

You ruffle his hair as you pull away.
"Be safe."
"Always. And I double dog dare you to make another wish!"

He shouts before the door closes behind him. You scoff at his request. Before long, a loud car honk comes from the street. You get up and go to the still open window. Nate sticks his head out and yells, "I'm not leaving til you do it!!"
"Oh my god! Go home!!"
"Do it!"

He laughs. You sigh and close your eyes again. You decide to tag on to your previous wish and add that it would happen in a week. Your perfect man would come in a week.

"Did you do it?"
"Yes. Now please-"
"Alright. Alright. I'm going!"

He starts his car and drives off. You close the window and lay back on your bed.

"I can't believe he made me do that bullshit."

The next day, you manage to wake up at around noon.
"Shit." You mumble before getting out of bed and into the shower.

Of course you chose today of all days to be late. You had a conference you couldn't miss and it didn't help that it started 10 minutes ago.

You rush around your apartment getting yourself ready for the day. At 12:50 you were out the door and into your car. As you drove your stomach growled.

"Ugh. Okay I can get something quick." You scan the streets for fast food but only spot a Starbucks. You sigh and pull into the parking lot. You order y/f/d and a blueberry muffin.

You sigh as you relax in a window seat, watching people go about their days. You check the time on your phone and shrug. Honestly, you hated the job anyway.

"Y/N?" The barista said. You got up from your seat and grabbed your food, thanking her. You pulled your phone back out as you walked towards the door trying to avoid any unnecessary eye contact.

"Woah slow down, sweetheart." The voice caused you to halt and look up. You had almost ran into him but that wasn't what made you stop. It was the nickname.

"Sweetheart?"
"I-I don't know your name."
"Y/N."
"Liam." He smiled, holding out a tatted hand.

You put your phone away and shook it quickly. He wore a loose white button up with the sleeves rolled up and a couple buttons undone. His tattoos trailed up his arms and even over his chest. He held his hair back in a manbun which brought your attention to his eyebrows, dark and perfectly arched. His smile was blinding and contagious as you couldn't help but smile back.

"Nice to meet you Liam. I kinda have to go now."
"Oh okay. I don't want to hold you up. See you around?"
"I hope so." You blush and walk around him to the door.

When you get to your car, you set your things down and sigh.
"Okay I see you wishing star." You squeal.

Word count: 727

This will get a part two so stay tuned. Umm I finally watched Secret Window for the first time and honestly I loved it. That's coming from someone who hates horror movies and shit. Also somebody asked what I looked like. I don't know how to describe myself so face reveal coming soon I guess.