•Mad Dreams(2)•

Tarrant Hightopp/Mad Hatter
~~~

"What the hell happened to my apartment?!""You're not there anymore

"You're not there anymore. I thought that was clear."

You turn to see the butterfly had grown almost twice your size.

"What happened to you?"
"Not to me. To you." It takes you a second but then it hits you.
"I shrunk. You're telling me I shrunk?"
"Stupid girl."

The butterfly rolls its eyes. You squint at him. The face and voice seemed so familiar.

"Who are you little girl?"
"I'm Y/N." He blows smoke into your face and grins.
"I'm.."

"Absolem. That's your name."
"And?"
"You changed."
"Don't we all."

Absolem flies to a huge door on the other side of the room. He gestures to a cake on the floor.

"Eat it."
"What will it do?"
"You'll see."
"What if I die?"
"Well then Tarrant will die."

You take a piece of the cake and eat it. You start to grow back to your normal size.
"Oh. Okay this is better."
"Now put that on."

He flies to a dress on the table.
"I don't wear dresses."
"You do today." You rolls your eyes and put on the dress. Then you go back to the door.
"Oh and one more thing."
"What?"
"Do watch your step."

You shake your head and open the door, falling forward. The weight of gravity pulled your body down as you yelled for help. You spot a tree and flower bed below you and close your eyes as you hit it.

You take a moment to regain your composure before you get up. You hear little whispers despite your head spinning.

"Is it her?"
"She's back so soon."
"The hatter will be so happy."
"Quiet now. She's getting up."

You open your eyes and look around. The sky is a baby blue with clouds scattered around. You look in front of you and find a woman holding out her hand. Her skin was pale almost a literal white and her whole attire was white. She smiled warmly and helped you up, dusting off your dress.

"Welcome back. How do you feel?"
"Um weird." You laugh a little as you start to walk slowly.

"Y/N you're back!" A pair of twins come forward. You look down confused. You think for a bit and their names come to you.
"Tweedledee and Tweedledum."
"I told you she'd remember us."

You turn back to the woman, The White Queen.
"Where's Tarrant?" She turns your body and points to a hat shaped house on the hill. "I have to go there?"
"Well that's where he is." She smiles, her teeth a perfect white.

You start to make the tread to the house. When you arrive, something about the house seemed weirdly familiar. You knocked and no one answered. You twist the knob and go inside.

You look along the walls. Pictures of you and the Hatter covered the walls. There was one you saw where you were on his back and his hat was on your head. The happiness of you two radiated through the picture.

You trace your hand over it.

"It's called a camera."
"Ohhh." You pass it to the White Queen and show her how to use it.
"Now hold it up to your eye and when I say go, press that button."

She does what you ask and waits for your signal. You approach Tarrant and point to his hat.

"Can I?"
"Oh sure." He bends down and you get the hat off his head and put it on your own. You jump on his back and smile.
"Go!"

The white queen snaps the picture and you jump down, and look at it.
"It's perfect. Look!" You show it to the Hatter and he smiles clapping his hands together.

You take the hat off and hand it to him.
"Keep it."
"But Hatter-"
"I can always make a new one. I'm a Hightopp." He shrugs and puts the hat back on you, tilting it a little.

"Hatter!" You call. "Tarrant are you here?" The floorboards squeak above you and soon an elated Tarrant comes into view.

"Y/N, you're back!" He pulls you into a hug and you wrap your arms around his neck. That lost feeling you once had was gone.
"Yeah. I'm back. Hatter, I heard you weren't well"
"Nonsense. They just don't believe me." He frowns. "You'll believe me! I know you will! You're Y/N. My Y/N."

He grabs your hand and pulls you upstairs. He opens a door and goes straight to the nightstand beside the bed.

"Just let me find it. Then you'll see."

You look around the room and find another framed picture. You in a white dress, courtesy of the queen, holding a bouquet in hand. Your arm was around Tarrant's shoulder and his was around your waist. He held the hat out to cover the kiss you two were sharing.

"Here it is." You turn to look at him as he holds out a tiny hat. You grab it from him and inspect it.
"What is it?"
"My first hat."
"And you've kept it all this time?"
"No." He shakes his head. "I found it."
"Tarrant, what are you trying to say?"
"If my hat survived all these years, maybe my family did too."

He sits on the floor, criss cross applesauce as he thought about his family.

"Oh Hatter. It's impossible."
"You used to think of 3 impossible things before breakfast."
"Sure but this. This is crazy."
"You don't believe me."

He looks up at you and frowns.
"Don't look at me like that."
"If you were my Y/N you would believe me!" He pushes you out the room and closes the door behind him.
"Hatter! Open up! I do believe you. I'll help you find them!"

He swings the door open and pulls you into another hug.
"You will?"
"I will." You cup his face and kiss him softly.
"I love you." He says.
"I love you too Hatter. Now we need to go tell the others."

You pull his hand and bring him down the stairs.
"Oh wait. I almost forgot." He takes off his hat and fishes into it. When he finds what he's looking for he smiles, pulling it out. "You forgot it when you left." He holds up the ring sliding it on your finger.
"It's beautiful."
"Hey that's what you said the first time." He laughs.

You open the door and run down the hill with Tarrant trailing behind.

"We're gonna find the rest of the Hightopps."
"What? But Y/N-" The white queen comes to you as Tarrant catches up.
"Go with it." You whisper quickly.

"I told you she would believe me."
"Yup and now we have to find them right guys?" Mumbled replies were heard and you nodded satisfied.

"Now Tarrant I need you to go back home."
"But I want to help."
"Go back home. For me."
"For good luck." He kisses your cheek and smiles.

He starts the walk back to the house and you sigh.
"How are we supposed to find Hatter's dead family?"
"I don't know. But we're gonna do it."
"Time."
"Time?"
"We go back in time."

They all agreed to the idea, turning to you for confirmation.

"I'm never getting home." You face palm yourself and sigh.

Word Count: 1252

Got bored and wrote it pretty quickly.