Chapter 1: Ugh!

7:50 am

"Ugh!" Kay says stretching as she gets out of bed. It's the first day of classes and she's not looking forward to it. She's been on campus for four days and hasn't met anyone yet. She doesn't even have a roommate because the girl decided she wasn't coming.

"Why did I pick an 8:30 class? Worst idea ever" she thought to herself. Kay went over to the sink to wash her face and brush her teeth. She took a quick shower and got dressed. She definitely wasn't feeling how early it was so sweatpants and a crop top was her attire.

She grabbed her keys, cell phone and bookbag and left the room locking the door behind her.

Kay walked out of her dorm, class schedule in her hand confused because she had no idea where she was going. She could hear females making side comments about her. Some were good and some bad.

"Mm look at her. She's fine as hell. I'd love to hit that" one girl said. Kay scrunched her face up in disgust. The girl wasn't even cute. She just kept walking.

8:20

Kay finally found her class. With a sigh of relief she walked in and headed straight to the back. "Hi, I'm Syd!" The girl next to her said sticking her hand out. "I'm Kay. Nice to meet you." She said smiling. Kay looked her up and down. She wasn't girly but wasn't too mannish either. She was actually cute. "I like your crop top" the voice said interrupting her thoughts. "Thanks. I got it from Target actually" Kay said pulling it down so she could see all the words.

By that time the professor came in and wasted no time. She began with introducing herself then had the class give their introductions along with one fun fact. The class went by very fast and Kay was headed to her next one which started at 9:45.

"Hey, where you headed?" Syd asked grabbing Kay's schedule. "Oh you have English 101. My next class is right beside it. C'mon" Syd said placing her hand in Kay's. She looked down, but quickly ignored it. She could sense that she was just a hyper, willing to help type person.

When they got to their classes Syd told her to meet her after class at 11. Kay's class lasted until 11:15. "My class doesn't end until 11:15" she said. Syd insisted implying that it was ok, she'd wait for her.

10:45

Kay's professor let them out of class early and so did Syd's. "How long have you been out here?" Kay asked. "Eh, about five minutes" Syd said jumping to her feet. "Do you have anymore classes?" Kay shook her head no and asked if they could go get lunch. "Sure. I need to stop by my room first."