Chapter 8: Fuck Them!

Cara came running in the room and immediately saw Lauren on the floor with a bloody nose. "What did you do?" T rolled her eyes cause she knew what was coming next. Black people didn't stand a chance against the rich white people of the school.

"She came in my room, insulting me. I didn't even start any of this" I said face turning red. I was mad as hell. "We have a no violence policy. I will have to report this to the Dean of Students" Cara said.

"Get the fuck out my room" I said pointing to the door. Lauren got up and went to her room. I closed and locked the bathroom door.

"You know you're going to be kicked out right?" T said shaking her head.

"I don't even care at this point. The broad shouldn't have tried me" I said scrunching my face up. T went back to her room, while Syd stayed with me. I called my mom to tell her what happened.

She answered on the third ring. "Hey sweetie"

"Hey ma...I think you & Jamal should come down here. I think they're about to put me out of school" I said hesitantly into the phone. She let out a loud, deep sigh then said they were on the way.

Thirty minutes later I received a text from Jamal letting me know they were there. I told Syd to stay here in case Cara came back. I met them at the car and my mom asked me what happened.

"Long story short, my suitmate was harassing me and I got tired of her so I hit her. She tried to get me kicked out of the room because I'm gay & she hates homosexuals."

My mom got very angry. "That's discrimination and I will not tolerate it." She power walked to my dorm and we found Syd talking to the RA. "She'll be right back. She just went to let her mom in."

"I'm right here babe!" I said starring at Cara. She looked uneasy when I called Syd babe. It was like every straight girl at this school was homophobic except for T.

"May I ask who you are?" My mom said directing her attention to Cara. "I'm the dorm's RA" she said with a slight attitude. "What Kay did is unacceptable and the Dean of Students would like to see her." I rolled my eyes and told Syd and Jamal to stay in the room.

The three of us walked to the administration building. I can't lie I was pretty nervous. I didn't want to be kicked out of school, but I was going to stick to my story of self defense.

"So did she really defend herself or did she act out of anger?" Jamal asked Syd.

"Well kinda both. The girl had been harassing her about being gay or whatever. She called her a dyke and said she was a disappointment. She even snitched to the RA, which they tried to make her move rooms. The girl was very nasty and smelled. Kay said she wasn't moving. That's when Lauren came through the bathroom and started trouble. Guess Kay had enough so...she knocked her out."

Jamal shook his head in disbelief. "So have you had any of these problems before now?"

Syd hung her head low. "Yea. The straight girls here are very homophobic. They tried to discriminate against me but I wasn't having it. I told them I would sue. I'm thinking about transferring after what happened today.

Jamal shook his head like he understood and then the two just sat in silence for the next ten minutes.

"Nah fuck them and this school. How they just going to take that stuck up bitch's side. I don't even care that they put me out." Kay was yelling. She walked in the room with rage filled in her eyes.

Syd already knew what happened. "You want me to help you pack babe?"

Kay nodded and they began to get everything together. She had to be gone by 8pm.

Syd texted T and she came down to say bye. She hugged her and whispered in her ear "work on that temper aite." Kay laughed and told her she would.

They got the car loaded up by 7:30 and was ready to go. Even through all the bullshit that went on Syd still wanted to come over for Sunday dinner. Syd and T followed behind them and twenty minutes later they arrived at the house.