Chapter 3: Cute!

1pm

When they walked in the room the first thing Syd noticed was how girly Kay was. She had pink sheets and curtains. It was kind of cute. "Aw your room is cute!" Syd said flopping on her bed. "Thanks! What do you want to watch?" Kay asked. Syd shrugged her shoulders and told her to find something.

Kay sat on the bed beside her and picked up the remote. She flipped through a couple channels then stopped on lifetime. "Eww you like lifetime?" Syd said with her nose turned up. Kay laughed and said yes. She snatched the remote from her and turned to ESPN. "Oh no! Definitely not watching sports" Kay said as she grabbed the remote from Syd. They fought over it for a few seconds then Kay ended up on top of her, face to face. Syd was about to lean up for a kiss but Kay jumped off really quick and said "Is it hot in here to you?" She then pulled her shirt over her head and stood there in nothing but her bra and sweats. Syd didn't know what to do. After all she was straight.

She stood up and pulled her shirt over her head, walked towards Kay and pulled her closer. With her hands around her waist she leaned in and placed her lips on hers. She was surprised when Kay didn't push her away. Syd slid her hand down to her butt and gripped it with both hands. Kay soon realized what was going on. She pushed her off and shook her head.

"No! I can't do this. I'm not gay, I'm straight."

Syd wasn't surprised but for some reason it made her mad. She put her shirt back on and walked out the room. Kay felt bad. She cuddled under her covers and slowly drifted off to sleep.

4:30 pm

Kay was woken by a sound coming from her phone. She looked down and saw "Mommy ❤️" on the screen. She cleared her throat, slid it over and answered "Hello."

"Hey babygirl! How's everything ?" She asked sounding happy as ever. Kay tried not to sound depressed, but her efforts failed. "I'm ok" she said very dry. "Um, what's wrong?" Her mom asked with concern in her voice. "Nothing." Her mom knew her for 18 years. She knew better than that.

"I'm not one of your friends, so what's wrong?" She asked again. Kay took a deep breath and said "Mom..there's this girl. She's the only one that spoke to me since I've been here. She's cool and really cute. Well after lunch we were in my room and..and..we kissed. Well she initiated it, but I kissed back. Then I realized what was happening so I pushed her off of me and started to yell I'm not gay, I'm straight."

Kay could hear her mom take a deep breath from the other end of the phone. "Oh baby, it's not the end of the world. If you like this girl then so be it. I'm not going to love you any less. Don't miss out on a chance at true love because you're afraid of what other people think."

And with that being said there was a knock at the door. Kay went to answer it and saw Syd and T standing there. "Mom I have to go" she said. "Is she there?" "Yes mom, I'll talk to you later" Kay said hanging up the phone.

"You hungry?" Taz asked with a smile on her face. "Yea. Let me brush my teeth and wash my face first." T came in and sat on the extra bed. Syd just stood at the door with a frown on her face. "Fool why are you just standing in the door looking like you lost your best friend? Close the door and sit down while she gets ready." Syd shook her head and said "Nah I'm good." Kay looked over at her and rolled her eyes. "You don't have to be here if you don't want to Syd. The door is still open" then she pointed in that direction. Syd was about to walk out until T rose to her feet, slammed the door and asked "The hell is wrong with you two? Did something happen?" Kay shrugged her shoulders and said "She kissed me" pointing at Syd. Before T could open her mouth to say anything Syd said "Well shit you liked it."

Oh my fuckin gosh. Will you two stop acting like you're four years old. If you like each other then you like each other. Kay don't be that straight girl who passes up something good because you're afraid of being judged. And Syd don't pressure her into doing anything she doesn't want to do."

At that moment Kay dropped her head and said "my mom told me the same thing." Syd looked surprised. "You told your mom about what happened?" She shook her head yes and apologized for her actions.

"Now that everything is settled, can we go eat cause a nigga is hungry." The three laughed and headed to the cafe.