Chapter 22: Im Done

I'm done with Melody and her brother. I'm going to find me a real job and look into taking online classes so I can get my degree. Going to the house to pick up my last check then I'm out. I called Caiden to let him know I was on the way. He didn't sound happy at all but he'll be ok.

1pm

When I arrived Mel's car was there too. I was not looking forward to seeing her. I walked up the stairs as quietly as possible but of course my little buddy Josiah saw me.

"Kaaayyy!" He said running towards me. "Hey lil man how's it going?" He nodded his head and gave me a thumbs up. I just laughed and gave him one last hug. "It was fun working with you but I have to go ok. I found a new job and I'm starting school" I told him. His little face frowned up and it broke my heart. He is so freakin cute. "Ok. I'll miss you" Josiah said hugging me one last time.

I stood up and motioned for Caiden to come talk to me in the bathroom. He closed the door behind him and immediately attacked me trying his best to rip my clothes off. "I've wanted this since I met you and I know you've wanted it too" he said. I'm struggling trying to get him off of me but it's not working. "STOP CAIDEN!" I finally yelled. That seemed to only make him more angry. Next thing I know Shereen came busting through the door hitting him atop the head.

"The lady said stop. Rape is a crime ya'know." The hit didn't knock him out but he was a little dizzy. "Now give me my money and throw in a little extra so I won't call the police on your ass or your sister's. He look beyond furious. He pulled out a wad of money and started counting. "100,200,300,400,500...2,000. Is that enough?" He asked sarcastically. I frowned up my face. "Hmm nah. I'll tell you when to stop. He began counting again. "2,000, 2,100, 2,200, 2,300, 2,400, 2,500. I mean damn you can say stop whenever you want." I snatched the bills from his hand and walked out the bathroom. "Oh and for your dike ass...you're fired." He yelled at Shereen. She grabbed her things and walked out.

Caiden had some nerve being an asshole to that poor girl. "Hey uh Kay" I heard her say. "Can you give me a ride to the shelter up the street?" When she said shelter a lot of things crossed my mind. Was she homeless? Did she not have any family? What happened to her? "Yea get in" I told her. She smiled and thanked me.

"So are you homeless?" I asked trying my best not to sound like an asshole who was assuming. She lowered her head and said "yea I am. I have a job or whatever but it doesn't pay enough for a car or an apartment so I couch hop and live in shelters. It's so bad but every once in a while people try to steal my stuff.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I felt so bad that she had to go through that. I know I told her I would drop her off but I wanted to help. "Mind if I stop by my house really fast?" She shook her head no. When we got there I told her to stay in the car, that'd I'd be right back.

"Heyyy ma" I said dragging out the hey. "Hey sweetie" she replied kissing me on the cheek. "I need a favor ma" I asked trying to put on my best pouty face. "What is it Kay?" I was scared at first to ask but I just came out and said it. "Ma can a friend of mine stay here for a while? She's homeless and been through a lot." My mom took a deep breath. "Friend? Homeless? Where are they?" I became excited because I knew she would say yes. "I'll go get her" I said running to the car.

"Hey Shereen come inside I want you to meet my mom" I said dramatically. She gave a half smile and followed after me. "Shereen this is my mom. Mom this is Shereen" I said introducing the two. "So my mom said you can stay with us until you get on your feet." Her eyes lit up. That's the most I've seen her smile since we a few days ago.

"Oh wow! Thank you!" She said. "I promise I'm not a thief or anything. I'm not on drugs. I just got kicked out my house for my sexual preference. My dad doesn't approve at all." I could sense she was hurt but she stayed positive about it. "Well you have a home as long as you follow my rules you understand?" She shook her head yes.

I unpacked the car of the few items she had and showed her to the guest room that had a couch and flatscreen tv in it. The couch was actually pretty comfortable and it turned into a pull out bead. "Thank you so much!" She said hugging me. "I promise I won't disappoint you or your mom." A small tear fell down my cheek as I hugged her back. This was the start of a really good friendship.