Chapter 13: Text me!

It's been two months since Syd broke up with me. I haven't done much with my life either. I got a job at the H&M in the mall, but other than that nothing. Kameron and I don't speak anymore. She was never the relationship type of person. All she wanted to do was have sex. Although the sex was great, that wasn't all I wanted, it wasn't all I needed.

Monday, 3:45pm

It's Monday and I'm here at work until closing which is at 9. The day drug along so slow. I rung up probably twenty customers, but it seemed like way more. Around 8:30 a guy and a little boy came strolling through the store. He looked like he was about four years old. The cutest kid I'd ever seen. Chunky, beautiful brown skin, curly afro, and his eyes were amazing. They changed between hazel and a really light gray, which was weird. I've never seen that combination before.

The man was gorgeous too. He was tall, muscular, with tattoos all over his arms. He also had long curly hair, that flowed freely. I could see where the kid got his looks from.

"Daddy I like this" the little boy said. I smiled at the sound of his voice. He sounded so cute and innocent.

The man picked up the jeans and the red button up and headed towards the register. It was now 8:50 and we were about to close. "Hi" I said grinning trying not to express how tired I was. "Hi" the little boy screamed, cheesing from ear to ear. "Hey there cutie. What's your name?" I said. He batted his eyes and replied "Josiah". I gave him a smile back and said "Nice to meet you Josiah. I'm Kay".

He was the cutest kid ever, and also funny too. "Like the letter in the alphabet?" He asked. I burst out laughing. "Yes, but it's spelled K-A-Y" I told him. He shook his head like he understood.

I finished ringing them up and my manager came out and told me that I could leave. He had some stocking to do so he would lock up. He never let me stay past 9:15. He said a woman should never be out at night by herself. The few times I did stay past 9:30 he walked me to my car and watched me leave. His wife was very blessed to have such a caring man on her side. I hoped to one day have that.

I grabbed my stuff out my locker from the back and headed out the front of the store, where I pulled down the gate and locked it with my key. Although I've only been working at H&M for two months now, Jack, my manager said I'm one of the few people he trusts with a key to the store.

To my surprise the adorable kid and his dad were waiting for me outside. "Hope I don't come off as stalker-ish, but it's late and a beautiful woman like you shouldn't be walking to your car alone." He said. I smiled and told him thanks. The two walked me out and to the back of the parking lot. Before I got in my car the guy handed me a piece of paper with his name and number on it--It was a business card. And he was a photographer. I flipped it over and it said "Call or text me, I think you'd be perfect for my next project."

By the time I got home it was 10:30. I hopped in the shower and emerged twenty minutes later feeling like a brand new person. My mom was already in the bed sleep so I didn't wake her. I pulled back the covers and crawled into my bed, took one last look at the business card, smiled and thought to myself "Never thought about being photographed. Maybe I'll send him a text tomorrow."

About ten minutes later I was fast asleep, dreaming about Syd. I missed her so much.