chapter one: intruder

"Okay, what the actual fuck?"

"Language!"

Aurora Amedeo lived alone. She liked living alone- being able to come home whenever she wanted wearing whatever she wanted and she quite liked the silence, though she was considering getting a cat- she even had his name picked out already 'James Buchanan Yarns'. It was a lovely name and she definitely didn't chose it to annoy her close friend Steve Rogers, who wouldn't shut the heck up about his old friend 'Bucky' (and he definitely wasn't very happy when Aurora insisted on calling him 'Bonky' or 'Bucket').

So, when Agent Aurora Emilia Amedeo came home after a long day of work to an unlocked door, she was right to be a little worried.

She slowly and carefully, with her right hand gripping her gun, opened her apartment door only to see Steven Grant Rogers sat on her armchair looking casual, as if this was his home.

"Okay, what the actual fuck?" She exclaimed, frowning at him.

"Language! " He shouted back.

"Steven! What the hell did I tell you about coming to my house uninvited?" She fixed him with her famous 'Amedeo glare' and a hand on her hip.

He atleast had the decency to look ashamed of himself as he looked to the hardwood floor, pouting slightly.

"Not to do it." He mumbled

"And what did you do?" She continued to glare

"I did i-" He was cut off.

"You did it! Again!"

This was definitely not the first time either Steve, Clint or Nat had turned up at her apartment without warning, sometimes even in the middle of the night. Aurora was a good listener and always had the best advice to give, so it was no surprise that all her friends confided in her. The young woman was the motherly friend, always comforting anyone who needs it whilst simultaneously being the sarcastic friend who insulted them relentlessly and never stopped cussing.

"I'm sorry Rory, but I really need your help."

She immediately dropped the stern look and rushed over to her oldest friend, checking him over for injuries and pressing the back of her hand against his forehead (even after Steve had told her he physically cannot get sick, she still checked because "You're getting old now, Steven.")

"You need help? With what? Are you okay, Stevie? Who's body do we need to hide? Should I call Nat? She'd know what to do with a body, right?" Aurora rushed out all in one breath.

"Rory! Calm down. There is no body and Nat would kill us if we woke her up right now." Steve gently grabbed the wrist of her hand that was still pressed against his forehead and pulled it away.

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Well, what is it then? Because, if its not a body, I'm not interested," She grumbled, walking around him into her bedroom, where she placed her work bag down on her bed and slipped her shoes off. She walked back into the living room and sat on the sofa, tucking her legs under herself and placing her chin on her hand, staring at him in faux interest. "do tell, Stevie, what did you read in the newspaper today?"

"Oh! According to todays paper, 32% of people die from undiagnosed-"

"Steve! I don't want to know that! Just tell me what you want and get out of my apartment so I can sleep."

"I need your help to find Bucky."

"Who the hell is Bucky?" She asked with a knowing grin and an evil glint in her eye.

Steve rolled his eyes but went along with it anyway.

"Bonky." He dead-panned

Her smile widened.

"Yes yes of course, how dare I forget about my darling Bonky." She said, looking down and shaking her head. "So, finding Bucket...where do we start?"

"Well, I've already recruited Nat and Sam, you remember Sam Wilson right?"

"Of course! How could I forget my favourite friend!" She grinned, she truly was Sam's biggest fan. After Steve had introduced them, they immediately got along and soon become best friends.

"So, let's go find your Bucket!"

"Rory! Stop calling him that!"

"What's he gonna do about it?"

a/n

so, the messed up timeline here is that the avenger movie happened, so the whole loki thing is done. catws never happened but there was a winter soldier sighting and fury called in nat, steve and rory (who works for s.h.i.e.l.d) to sort it out and then steve called in sam to help. bucky saved steve from the water and then disappeared, so steve wants to find him. s.h.i.e.l.d isnt corrupted but hydra is still operating.

!THIS STORY WON'T FOLLOW THE MOVIES BUT SOME EVENTS STILL HAPPEN BUT UNLESS IT IS MENTIONED, IT PROBABLY HASN'T HAPPENED!

it's basically an au

the face claim for aurora is amelia zadro (pic shown above)

the 'james buchanan yarns' is NOT my original idea, i read it somewhere and if anyone knows where it came from please comment so i can give credit!!

if you have any questions please comment them and enjoy!

also i'm 13 and literally cannot write to save my life and my grammar is horrible but if you have any constructive criticism please comment

thanks for reading - k