chapter fifteen: regrets

"Rory...he's coming closer."

"He better fucking not. I've got a rape whistle and I'm not afraid to use it."

"Since when did you get-actually, I don't want to know."

Stefan Schmidt had noticed the two suspicious looking women who seemed to always be in the same place he was and he was ready to confront them. He left his daughter, Lucy, on the swings with a frustrated sigh and made his way to the two women who were staring at him and whispering to themselves.

"Excuse me." He spoke in a kind voice and put on a forced smile. He figured if he approached them nicely, he could get more information out them.

"Excuse you." The brunette said and took a step away, motioning her arms to tell him to move past.

"That's not what I meant." He glared, his smile faltering.

"Oh, right." She awkwardly stood beside the red-haired woman who sighed.

"I've noticed you and your little friend," He glared at Nat. "are in alot of places I am." His thick German accent became more prominent as he got frustrated at the fact they didn't seem to be intimidated by him.

"Well, there's this lovely word called 'coincidence' and-" The brunette began before she was elbowed by the other one.

"My wife and I aren't following you, if that's what you mean." Nat sent him a sickly sweet smile before grabbing Aurora by her hand and dragging her away. "I suggest you don't make any more brainless accusations about either of us again." She glared.

"Stupid women." He spat at their turned backs and suddenly he was knocked to the floor by an invisible force.

He looked up from his place on the ground to see the brunette glaring at him and he came to the logical conclusion that it was her. She wasn't who she said she was and obviously the other wasn't either.

They would regret lying to him.

"That was irresponsible, Aurora!"

They had just gotten 'home' Nat was already grilling Aurora on her 'inappropriate behaviour' telling her that she shouldn't have used her powers and when Fury found out, she was going to be in trouble.

"C'mon, loosen up a little! He deserved it. He didn't even know it was me and if he did it's not like he he can actually do anything about it!"

Hours later as she sat chained to the floor, a bloody mess, nose smashed and eyes almost shut with swelling, her arms wrapped round her guts like she's holding them in and to be honest she's beat so bad she could be, she regretted those words.

6 hours earlier

When midnight arrived so quickly like a thief in the night, Aurora heard a loud noise that woke her up. At first, she assumed it was Nat going to the kitchen for something to eat, however when she felt the warm body in the bed beside her, she knew that wasn't the case. After a few more unusual sounds, Aurora got up from the bed, shaking Nat awake as she did so.

She pointed to the floor and then to the gun under her pillow and Natasha understood. Nodding at each other, they both silently grabbed the cool metal of their firearsm and creeped downstairs. They had been trained for this. So why did a small feeling of dread form in the pit of her stomach?

Aurora suddenly realised she couldn't think straight, her mind was all over the place as her brain tried relentlessly to come to with a nice logical explanation for why the hell someone would be in their 'house' at 12am.

Her question was answered as they turned to corner and Stefan Schmidt was sitting on the couch, cigar in his mouth as he relaxed into the seat.

He didn't look up when they entered and he didn't even spare them a glance when they threatened him

Perhaps she had realised too late that he was just the distraction.

There was a small prick in the side of her neck and Aurora's mind began to blur as she tried to fight it off, arms swinging in a pathetic attempt of hitting someone. Aurora was sure that if she looked to the left, Nat would be in the same situation as her, feeling just as weak and useless.

She suddenly felt sleepy and dizzy and before she knew it, the world was nothing but a faint feeling in her feet.

Aurora's imagined what it would be like to be kidnapped before (weird, right?) and in her mind, it was an epic battle. She would go down kicking and screaming and she would put up a fight so big, her arms would ache and her head would spin.

But, really. It was nothing but a quiet thud on the hardwood floor and a sigh escaping her parted lips as she drifted off to a deep sleep.

Perhaps, in her dreams, she would be so much more than a pathetic heap on the ground.

a/n

bit of a morbid chapter, don't you think?

wow i actually don't have anything stupid to say here like the other a/n's, fun

but honestly, im quite proud of this chapter?

anyways

vote and comment

thanks for reading-k♡