chapter twenty-nine: ghostbusters

"Hey, Buckaroo, what's heavier: a ton of feathers or a ton of bricks?"

"They weigh the same."

"Wrong! It's the feathers because you also have to carry the weight of what you did to those poor birds."

"I already carry around the burden of living, what's a few more pounds?" He deadpanned with a blank expression.

'smile and nod, rory. smile and nod'

"Okay, I'll go call Steve." Rory smiled before running out of the bedroom.

She ran into the kitchen, picked up her phone and scrolled to the 'captain dorito' contact and called it.

"Steve, you need come over and fix Bucky."

"Is he doing the whole 'living is a burden that I no longer wish to carry' thing again?"

"Yes. Just come over and, I don't know, make him feel better!"

"Why can't you?"

"You know what happened last time." Rory sighed, getting flashbacks of that one time when she tried to help Bucky feel better and accidentally made him have a week-long existential crisis.

"I'll be there in 10." Steve sighed.

"Oh, is Nat home?"

"Yeah I think she's watching some show called 'How I Met Your Mother'."

"Without me?! That traitorous bitch!"

barnes & noble

why is Steve giving me a speech about how life is gift and i am blessed to be alive and healthy?

no reason. no reason at all

on another note, i am having a great time

you look beautiful, doll

:)

can you come home soon? i want to watch ghost busters and i know it's your favourite :(

i'll make popcorn

and we can get your favourite blanket- the fluffy one with frogs all over it