chapter seventeen: escape plan

"So, what are your abilities?"

"Abilities?" Aurora gasped in mock confusion. She looked over at Nat with a raised brow. Stefan had already put the bracelets back on her wrists, so she didn't have the chance to blast him away. Luckily, she knew not to rely on her powers and she had her voice to annoy him.

Nat looked back with the same expression before turning to Stefan, who was waiting for an answer.

"I'm sure if my wife had 'abilities', I would know." She shrugged.

Stefan sighed with a dark look in his eyes. He stepped forward and slapped Aurora right across the face.

*SLAP!*

"What. Can. You. Do?" He spoke slowly, with a menacing glare.

"Oh you know, I can pat my head and rub my stomach at the same ti-"

*SLAP!*

"Okay! I'll tell you." Aurora sighed.

Stefan smirked and stepped backwards.

"Sometimes," She began, dramatically. "If I try really really hard," She was dragging it out. "I can wiggle my ears."

Stefan's face fell.

"Woman-"

"Man." She mocked with a glare.

He sighed through his nose.

"You know, if you ask nicely, I'm sure she'll tell you." Nat suggested with a sweet smile.

"Okay." He was so gullible. "May you please tell me what your abilities are?"

"No."

And now he was angry.

"Nat, is there something on my cheek?"

"The biggest fucking bruise I've ever seen."

"Thank you."

Stefan had decided to take a little snack break from trying to beat information out of Aurora and Nat and they still hadn't told him who they 'really' were and what abilities Aurora had.

They weren't going to try and break out just yet, they still needed to make sure Stefan's family was safe. Fury expected updates every two days and it had already been 28 hours since their last call. They needed to come up with something quickly before he sent a rescue team for them and comprised the safety of the innocent woman and children who were upstairs, unaware of what was going on in the basement.

"Honestly, he has nice hands." Aurora shrugged once Stefan had stopped the 3-hour-long torture.

"He does, doesn't he?"

"Would look better with rings but, beggars can't be choosers." Rory sighed.

"So, what's the plan?" Nat asked, wincing a little as she sat up straight.

"Plan? We were supposed to have a plan?" Rory frowned.

"Obviously." The woman rolled her eyes.