chapter eight: vacations over

"Steven! What the fuck are you doing here?"

She was quite annoyed that he was interrupting, though, in his defense- he didn't know that.

"Finally! You're back. Why haven't you come to visit?" He seemed to be dodging her question. She didn't like that.

She narrowed her eyes at him, crossing her arms over her chest and closed the apartment door behind her, making sure he didn't see Bucky, as she stepped into the hallway.

"Why. Are. You. Here?" She questioned slowly, as if he was a dumb child. Which, in her opinion- he was.

He didn't reply and she reached up and smacked him upside the back of his head.

He jumped and rubbed the spot she hit, frowning and pouting. 'child' she thought.

"We missed you, Rory."

"Yeah. Sorry I left." She said with a blank look on her face. She wasn't sorry.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

She stayed silent. Looking down, she suddenly felt stupid.

Steve understood. And immediately brought her into a tight bear hug.

The truth was Aurora didn't know why she never told them about her powers. They were her friends so of course she trusted them, and she knew that they would still love her the same no matter what. She knew that they would understand why she had kept it a secret all these years. But, there was still a small part of her that was terrified. Terrified that they wouldn't understand. That they would be scared of her. That they would think she was freak. Because she was a freak. And now, they knew it too.

"Well," Steve changed the subject, getting the feeling she didn't want to talk about it. "when are you coming back to work?"

"Soon." Was all she said. She didn't want to leave Bucky alone all day, she still needed to actually help him with his memories, not just inform him about everything. She also had to buy him some clothes, seeing as all he had was his 'assassin outfit' or whatever the heck it was. She guessed HYDRA didn't have very good taste in fashion. And neither did Bucky apparently.

"Okay, well you should talk to Nat and the others, they're worried about you."

"I will."

Steve noticed Rory was acting quite distant, he would ask about it but she had already been through enough this past week.

"I'll be back soon, Buck." Rory said, tying her shoelaces and zipping up her jacket, preparing to go back to work.

"I'll be back soon, Buck." He mimicked in a high pitched voice. He was not happy about being left alone in her apartment with nothing to do. So, he was acting like a child.

She smacked him upside the back of his head and walked out without another word, locking the door behind her to keep Bucky in. He would probably find a way to escape, but Rory didn't want to just leave the door open, practically asking him to run away.

When she finally got to the S.H.I.E.L.D Triskeleton, Aurora noticed she was getting some strange looks from the agents around her. She rolled her eyes and kept walking forward, the agents clearing a path for her, seemingly too scared to get close to her. When she got to the elevator, she pressed the button to the director's office and noticed there was a level one agent in the elevator with her, she gave him a small smile and his eyes widened. He was pressed into a far corner, the furthest from where she was stood.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, the elevator doors opened and Rory walked out to Fury's office, she noticed the agent had a large wet patch by his crotch. She grimaced and continued on her way. Finally, she reached the doors to his office.

She barged in without knocking and Fury just glared at her. She smiled sarcastically and sat in the chair opposite him.

"Finally decided to come back, I see." He said, with his fingers interlocked on the desk.

"Well, vacations over." She said.

"You can go back to work now, Agent." He ordered.

"May I ask why the agents are scared of me?"

"Barton." Is all he said. She raised a brow.

"The other agents noticed you were missing from work and made rumours about you, none of them were kind, might I add. So, Barton made up a story about how you went psycho and killed a group of people and that you were on the run to Mexico. The rumours stopped and they didn't say anymore rude things about you. Now, they're terrified you're going to murder them."

"Ah, that's why an agent pissed himself in my presence. I could get used to this." She mused.

Fury grimaced.

Suddenly, the doors were slammed open and they both looked up to see a furious Natasha Romanoff.

"Heyyy Nat. How you doing, bestie?" Rory laughed nervously. Natasha Romanoff was one scary lady.

Nat didn't reply and continued to glare as she walked forward until she stood beside Aurora.

She surprised them both by grinning and practically picking Rory up in a tight hug.

"I missed you, weirdo."

well, this took forever.

i couldn't properly decide what to do with this chapter but oh well, this will have to do.

anyways bucky is being a petulant child because hes mad at rory for not letting him out. or whatever idk.

anyways, don't forget to vote and comment

enjoy and thanks for reading - k♡