chapter ten: empty apartment

"'I'm with you 'til the end of the line' what kind of bullshit wedding vows-"

"They're not wedding vows!"

"Well, they sure sound like it."

Aurora had been helping Bucky. She talked about things he and Steve had done during their time in hopes he would remember. She had talked about riding the cyclone, Stevie being a 'little asthmatic noodle looking bitch' and he hadn't remember anything yet. So, she went and asked Steve about the other things he and Bucky had done during the 40s and while he was confused at first, he never passed up an opportunity to talk about the 'good ol' days'.

She then explained it all to Bucky (even showing some black-and-white pictures she found on Google) and he had remembered 'I'm with you 'til the end of the line' and Rory was having a field day with it.

"It's okay if you guys were inlove- I'm down with the rainbow!" She grinned at the horrified look on Bucky's face.

He rolled his eyes and huffed. She was really getting on his nerves. He opened his mouth to say something (probably something insulting) when he was cut off by a loud ring. He jumped a little- much to Aurora's amusement- before he stood up and turned the alarm off. It was time for Rory to go to work. She quickly got dressed, rushing around picking things up off the floor (because apparently being a brainwashed assassin is an excuse to not pick up after yourself). When she was finally finished, she checked her watch and rushed out the door to work.

It seemed, in her hurry, she had forgotten to lock the door.

"You're insane!"

"I know! Isn't it amazing?"

"Aurora Amedeo, so help me god-"

"SHIT!"

Aurora lay on the floor of the training room, groaning and holding her stomach as she rolled around.

"Its your own fault."

And Nat was right. It was her own fault. But, in her defence, Clint said she wouldn't be able to fly around the room with her powers. So, naturally, she tried it. And it worked! For about three whole seconds.

"I'm telling Fury!"

"Francis you snake!"

Natasha rolled her eyes sighed. She had enough of them, so, she walked up to them both and grabbed them by their ears, dragging them out of the room while they protested loudly.

"Ow! Nat, you're hurting me!" Rory pouted.

Nat let go of her ear and and pulled harder on Clint's. Rory grinned and stuck her tongue out at him.

"How come you let her go and not me?" Clint tried to pout but it just wasn't working.

"Because she's cute." Natasha said, simply.

Nat finally stopped infront of Fury's doors and just pushed them both through it.

Fury looked up from his conversation with a certain Steve Rogers and looked up at the two, unimpressed.

"Spangles! What're you doing here?" Aurora asked, when she finally noticed the large man in the room.

"I think something is wrong with Bucky. There hasn't been any sightings lately." Steve expressed his concern.

Aurora pretended to look shocked and Steve bought it.

"Well, I'm sure he's fine. He's probably in someone's house, snoring like a chainsaw haha." Rory laughed nervously with a small smile. Then, she turned her head to face the corner of the room with a blank face as if she was in an episode of 'The Office'.

Steve, Clint and Fury all raised a brow at her but they didn't say a word.

"I'm just gonna go.." And with that she sped out of the room.

"Buckaroo you are not going to believe the day I had, let me tell you-" Aurora spoke, opening her door.

She walked into the apartment to find it empty.

"Oh for fuck sake."

finally updated, yay !

anyways.

please vote and comment !

thanks for reading- k♡