chapter twenty-two: the morning after

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck."

Aurora Amedeo didn't often wake up to people in her bed, but when she did, it was not usually someone she knew.

The last time she woke up to a friend sleeping beside her, it was Maria Hill. Aurora avoided work for 2 months and nearly got fired. She vowed to never have a one-night-stand with a friend or coworker again.

And yet here she was, laying naked in bed with a snoring Bucky Barnes.

A great way to start the morning.

She carefully lifted his metal arm from around her waist and slipped out of bed. She silently grabbed random clothes from her dresser before making a run towards the bathroom and locking the door behind her. She slipped into the clothes and began to panic.

'fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck. i just slept with bonky. fucking bonky! of all the people i know, i slept with my roommate. the one dude i literally can't avoid! genius. fucking genius, aurora. who's next? fury?!'

Her lovely inner thoughts were interrupted with a knock on the bathroom door.

"Rora? Are you in there?"

It was Bucky.

'i'm in hell. i'm in hell and i'm burning.'

"Uh, one second!"

'panic! panic! panic! what the fuck am i going to do?'

She was seriously contemplating jumping out of her three storey
window right at that moment.

Until, she took one look at herself in the mirror and gasped.

All her panic disappeared and was replaced with anger.

'he. did. not.'

"James Barnes I am going to murder you!"

She swung the door open (mentally thanking herself for getting changed into a tank top and shorts) and glared at the (half-naked) man in front of her.

"Explain yourself!" She shrieked, pointing at the many red and purple hickeys that littered her neck and chest.

And that motherfucker had the audacity to smirk.

Fucking smirk.

"What can I say, Doll? I like to mark what's mine."

"You're a dog! An actual dog, James Barnes! I cannot believe you! I have a mission today! With Steve and Natasha. Oh my fucking God-"

"Woah! Calm down, Rora. Can't you use your make-up stuff to cover it up." He scrunched his nose.

She narrowed her eyes at him.

"I hate you so much right now."

"You weren't saying that last night." He smirked.

"Fuck you."

"You already did."

"Bucky!"

"That's not what you called me last ni-"

"Zip it!" She glared, pushing past him into her room.

He leaned against the doorframe with a smug smirk on his face and watched as she rummaged through her drawers for her work clothes.