chapter seven: explanation

"Slow down, Buckaroo!"

Aurora barely managed to maneuver her body around the many daggers that Bucky ever-so-rudely threw at her before she quickly reached into her thigh holster and pulled out her gun, aiming it at his head and putting her index finger on the trigger.

"One more knife, and I will shoot." She warned.

The man looked confused. His eyes were wide and taking in her appearance, searching frantically for any signs of deceit. When he finally came the conclusion that her intentions were not to hurt him, he reluctantly nodded and put his knives away.

She slowly and carefully put her gun back in her holster and cautiously approached the man.

"Do you know who you are?" She asked noticing he wasn't the same stone-cold soldier that she was used to seeing on camera. Aurora was glad she knew how to approach him after Steve had explained that "He doesn't know who he is, Rory. He's brainwashed"

He slowly nodded, eyes still wide and scared.

"Okay, Bucky-can I call you Bucky?"

He nodded again.

"Bucky I'm going to reach out into my pocket and get my phone, okay? I'm going to call my friend Steve. You know Steve, right?"

He frantically shook his head and spoke for the first time.

"N-no! You can't tell anyone!" He spoke carefully, as if making sure the words he spoke were his.

She raised a brow, clearly confused.

"I need your help," Bucky began, seemingly more confident in himself the more he spoke "I need you to help me get my memories back."

"Steve can help you he-"

"No!" Bucky shouted and then put his head down, as if expecting her to yell at him.

"Okay. Okay, I won't call him." Aurora reassured.

"And you'll help me?" He looked so hopeful that she just couldn't say no to him.

"Of course, Bonky."

"Bonky?" He tilted his head and furrowed his brows.

'He looks like a puppy ' she thought.

"Sit down, you've got a lot to learn."

Aurora began carefully explaining to him how he was gradually transformed into HYDRA's top assassin, cryogenically frozen in-between missions and brought out of the ice whenever HYDRA had need of him since 1943. Then, how Steve found out about him after their fight on the bridge during a mission.

Bucky just sat and listened, a blank look on his face and never once asked questions.

"And that's when Steve recruited us to help find you." She finished.

"Us?" He tensed up.

"Sam, Nat and Clint." Bucky knew who they were, Aurora had explained everything, even showing him pictures. His favourite was of Steve passed out on the floor with 4 buckets of ice-cream surrounding him and with it all smothered on his face. It had even brought a back a memory.

He had saw the picture and automatically said "Steve always loved ice-cream."

He was already making progress.

Aurora was, for some odd reason, proud of him.

"And you'll sleep here while I'm gone, okay?"

"You're going?" He pouted.

"Just to work, I'll be back soon."

Bucky just sighed and rolled his eyes. Aurora had known the man for about two hours and God he was sassy.

Suddenly, there was a loud knock on the door.

"Rory! I know you're in there, open up!" A voice they both recognised as Steve shouted through the door.

"Shit!" Both Bucky and Aurora chorused.

She gave him a weird look and he just shrugged.

holy shit this took forever. also its very rushed because i'm watching ncis so i was very distracted while writing this but oh well.

definitely one of my worst chapters but damn i don't care

but rory and bucky have finally properly met :D

bucky my sassy boy <3

anyways

LOOK AT MY BOY ! ! <333333

anyways i have no idea where i'm going with this (i DO know what's going to happen and all that but it's the getting to that point that's just e x h a u s t i n g)

please vote and comment

thanks for reading - k♡