~ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟚~

I drove into the driveway and parked in front of his garage I turned off my engine and slowly got out my car. I was a little nervous but mostly excited, I grabbed my bag from the backseat and wheeled it over to the front door.

"Hi, how are you?" I asked as Lando stepped aside for me to come in. "I'm good, ummm. You can put your stuff in the guest room upstairs,follow me" he said quickly rushing upstairs with me following close behind. He showed me a large room with a plain white double bed and a small dresser. The house looked very new and modern, it also looked like he had just recently moved in as it was not very decorated. "I'll let you get settled, just come downstairs when you are ready" Lando said walking out the room. I decided to unpack a few things I needed for the night and a change of clothes for tomorrow. I didn't unpack everything because we would be leaving early tomorrow morning to head to Portugal for the race weekend.

After I had unpacked everything I needed, I decided to go downstairs. I walked into the living room to see Lando sitting on the couch. The TV was on but he was focused on his phone. I quietly walked over to the back of the couch and looked down at his phone, I saw he was messaging Carlos. I didn't want be nosy so I hopped over the back of the couch to land beside Lando. He jumped slightly and turned to look at me. "So when did you move in here" I asked. Lando put his phone down and turned his body slightly so he was facing me. "about a year ago" he replied, "I know it doesn't look like it, I've just never got round to decorating." I turned my body and crossed my legs so I was facing him with my whole body. "So tell me a bit about yourself" I said and smiled at him.

We sat and spoke for around 2 hours getting to know each other and as the time passed I could tell he was getting less nervous. When I first asked him about the house I could see he tensed up and it got even worse when I turned to face him, but as time went on and we talked more I could see him starting to loosen up. As we continued to talk he became more confident, he was now sitting in the same position as me with one leg folded on the couch and the other on the ground with his hand resting on his knee.

"Can I ask you something?" Lando exclaimed. "Yeah, sure" I replied. I didn't know what he was about to say but judging by his body language and facial expression I could tell it wasn't going to be good. "why are you really here?" He asked. I was a bit taken back by his sudden question. "What do you mean why am I here, you invited me" I laughed. "I know I did, and that's because I want to get to know you better. But are you here for the same reason, or was this all a plan for you to get more famous, or for my money, or to get your brother into the races" Lando rambled. "Right. Okay let me stop you there." I said moving closer to him and placing my hand on top of his arm that was resting on the back of the couch. " I am here because you invited me, and because I also want to get to know you better, it's not for the money or for the fame. I know you have probably built a wall with getting close to people because they use you for money or fame or to get closer to other people. I know exactly what that feels like" I explained. "Well apart from the fame part" I added as we both let out a small laugh. "Also if you though I was using you, you took a bit of a risk inviting me here and to the race with you" I said. "Yeah, I did but I had a feeling you were different. And I was right" He said pointing to me. We continued to talk for another hour and Lando told me how tough it was first coming onto formula 1 and how he got started.I told him about my collage work and how I was studying graphic design.

I looked down at my phone to see or was 6 o'clock. "How is it already 6 o'clock" I asked Lando. He looked at me with a shocked expression and quickly picked up his phone. "I am so sorry, I promised Max and a couple other friends I would play some COD and do a live stream tonight" Lando said with a worried expression, "I completely forgot or I would have told them I had other plans" He added rambling on. "Calm down, it's alright. I'll just watch some TV then go to bed. We have to be up early tomorrow anyway" I said. We both got up from the couch, Lando walked into the kitchen and I made my way upstairs.

I grabbed the pair of shorts and oversized jumper I had laid out on the bed to get changed into, when I heard a knock on my door. "Come in!" I shouted. Lando slowly opened the door "I just came to say goodnight incase you were sleeping before I finished the stream" he explained. "Okay. Goodnight Lando. Thanks for letting me stay here" I said as Lando smiled and closed the door.

Once I was changed I went into the bathroom down the hall to wash off my make up and brush my teeth. I tied my hair up and walked back down the hall. I put everything back into my suitcase and made sure everything was ready for tomorrow. As I crawled into the bed and got comfortable I heard Lando starting his stream. I decided to watch his stream on my phone because I had nothing better to do.

I continued watching his stream for about 45 minutes until I smelt burning coming from the kitchen.

꧁𒊹︎꧂

♔𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚢𝚎𝚛 𝚒 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍, 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝.♔

♔𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚘 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚝 𝚊 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚞𝚎 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝.♔

♔𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎. 𝙰𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚖𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢♔