~ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟡~

I woke up to the sun shining through the window and the sound of the shower running. The girls must be getting ready. I rolled over expecting to be met with the edge of the bed but instead I was met with an empty space beside me. Where am I?, Who's room is this? "Good morning" I heard a voice from behind me. I rolled over to see Lando standing with his team kit on. "Good morning" I replied, "What time is it?" I asked. "It's 7.45, I am just about to leave and head to the track but you can go back to sleep for a bit before you come to the track" Lando explained. I flung the covers off my body and got out of the bed. I looked at the mirror across from the bed and remembered what happened last night before we went to bed and the feeling of Lando's arms around my waist. I was still wearing the jumper that Lando gave me yesterday. "I will be at the track before qualifying starts," I told him. "Okay, I will see you later," Lando said before walking towards the door.

I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror and tied my hair up into a messy bun before jumping into the shower. I only stayed in the shower for 5 minutes before wrapping a towel around my body. Shit, I don't have my room key, how am I supposed to get back into my room. I need to get ready. I hope one of the girls are still in the room. I put my shorts and top back on as well as Lando's jumper. I made my way out of Lando's room and walked across the hallway to my room and knocked on the door.

I waited a couple of seconds before I saw the door open and Helen was stood on the other side. "OMG, thank god you are still here" I exclaimed entering the room and closing the door behind me. "I was just about to leave. But where did you go, when we woke up you were gone" Helen rambled. "I had a bad dream and couldn't sleep so I messaged Lando and ended up staying in his room last night" I explained. "Oh, so you stayed in his bed," Helen said with a small smile appearing on her face. "Yes, we sleep in the same bed but nothing happened," I told her "Now if you don't mind I am going to get ready" I added walking away to get some clothes from my case. I decided I wanted to keep Lando's jumper on because I had a jacket that would match and because It was actually surprisingly cold considering we were in Portugal.

I did some light makeup and took a few pictures of myself before I heard a knock on the door. "If you are ready I can take you to the track, I am just about to leave" I heard Helen's voice from the other side of the bathroom door. "Yeah I'm ready," I said opening the door. Helen looked me up and down before smiling and walking towards the door. We both left the hotel room and made our way down to the bottom floor. Once we exited the hotel I looked around for a taxi or a van to take us to the track when I felt someone nudge my arm "I'm driving" Helen announced as she pulled a set of car keys out of her pocket. We both got into the car and starting driving towards the track.

I took my paddock pass out of my pocket and pushed the gate open with Helen following behind me. I saw a few photographers standing waiting to catch a glimpse of a driver making their way into the paddock. "Come on qualifying is starting soon and I'm sure Lando will want to see you before he goes out on track," Helen said before taking me by the arm and walking towards the garage.

We walked in through the back entrance grabbing our headphones and standing at the back of the garage. I watched as Helen took a few photos of the cars and the pit lane that was quiet compared to past years due to the pandemic. "Does it feel strange not having the fans here?" I asked Helen as she took some more photos. "Yeah, it does. I miss the crowds and I interacting with people, but in a way, it's nice because it is quieter and there isn't as much pressure" she replied. I just nodded before standing at the back of the garage again.

I watched as Lando walked into the garage and over to Jon. They started a conversation with each other probably talking about qualifying or what they were going to do later on tonight. I walked over to the two boys and stood behind Lando not wanting to interrupt their conversation. They both continued their conversation before Jon noticed me and pushed Lando out of the way to let me stand in between them. "Oh, hey. How long have your been standing their" Lando said turning around to look at me "Only a couple of seconds I didn't want to interrupt your conversation" I replied. I saw Lando look down at the jumper I was wearing. "I see you're still wearing my jumper" Lando smiled. I smiled back at home before Jon spoke up "aren't you two just too cute" He joked. "Oh shut up," Lando said hitting Jon on the arm. We continued speaking for a bit before Lando had to get in the car for qualifying.