~ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟘~

"Come on wake up. It's race day" I heard all the girls shouting causing me to wake up. "Alright, I'm up. I'm up" I groaned as I rolled out of bed and made my way into the bathroom. I put on some light makeup and fixed my hair before getting some clothes from my suitcase.

I decided to wear the outfit that Amelie has planned out for me and was very excited for me to wear. It was a small black crop top with a cropped buttons up shirt that I paired with some blue jeans. "Wow, you look amazing" announced Helen as I walked out of the bathroom causing both Charlotte and Lucinda to turn around. "You look hot" Lucinda exclaimed as she looked me up and down. "I wish I could wear cute outfits like that to race weekends, instead of this" Charlotte said motioning towards her team kit. "Enough chat, about our outfits it's time to leave so we can get to the track in time," Lucinda said.

I grabbed a small black bag that had my purse and mask in it before being rushed out the door by Lucinda. We all made our way out of the hotel room and down to reception before getting into the bus with the rest of the team and heading to the track.

Lando

Me: Are you at the track already

Lando: Yeah I got here about an hour ago, why? Are you okay

Me: Yeah I'm fine, I was just letting you know that me and the girls are on the bus with the rest of the team so we will be at the track soon

Lando: Okay, see you soon. I'm in the cafe talking to my engineers. If you want you can come and get breakfast with us.

Me: No, it's alright I don't want to interrupt anything important

Lando: You're not interrupting anything. We're just talking, it's nothing about the race.

Me: Okay, I'll see you soon.

Lando: See you soon, message me when you get to the track.

I felt a tap on my shoulder which caused me to look up from my phone. It was Helen. "Umm, you need to message Lando when you get to the track," she said. I looked at her with confusion before speaking "what?" I questioned. "Lando just phoned me and said make sure Kelsey phones me when you arrive at the track" she explained. "Alright okay, thanks for telling me" I laughed before turning around and looking out the window.

After 5 minutes we arrived at the track and everyone on the bus got out and made their way into the paddock. The second I stepped off the bus I pulled out my phone and clicked on Lando's contact. He answered almost immediately. "Were you just staring at your phone waiting for me to phone you?" I asked. "No, I was already on my phone so I was quick to answer" he replied. "Okay, well why did you want me to phone you when I got to the track?" I questioned. "I told you yesterday that I would phone you when you were walking about the paddock so I knew nothing bad was happening to you" Lando explained. "Well I told you, you didn't need to" I exclaimed. "Don't raise your voice at me. I am just trying to make sure your safe" Lando joked. "Your right I'm sorry" I joked. We continued talking on the phone until I got to his driver's room.

I knocked on the door before pushing it open to see Lando sitting on his chair in the corner of the room. "Are you ready to go to the garage?" I asked walking over to him. "Yeah, let me just grab my water bottle," he said before standing up and grabbing everything he needed. "Let's go" he smiled before grabbing the door handle of the driver's room. But before he could open the door I pulled him into a hug. "Good luck, and please be safe" I whispered into his chest as he wrapped his arms around my waist and placed a kiss on the top of my head. I felt warmth spread throughout my body at his action before we both pulled away and quickly made our way to the garage.