16

Dream POV (Third person)

He felt like he was even further from home than he was. He didn't just feel alone because of the emptiness around him but because of how the world felt dark. He felt like it was him against the world, like if every option was wrong. "I just want to go home..." he stated looking out on the star-filled sky with blurry vision. The cold grass tickled his ankles as if it were trying to comfort him.

He didn't know where to go. Dream sat down on a large stone, high enough for his feet to just not be able to touch the grass that swirled around the ground, as if it were controlled by his demons. He took off his backpack and placed it in his lap. He had what they needed, five stacks of ender pearls, that was more than enough. But he felt like he wouldn't be welcomed home. He took up the mask, goosebumps spread over his entire body like a wave. Not a single crack. It was like the mask was what kept Dreams emotions in control. Now when he wasn't wearing it, he felt free. The tears were finally allowed to drip down from his chin down to the starving grass. A relieved smile appeared on his face as he finally cried, and was ok with it. A smile that starved for the salt water from green, emerald eyes. It was really ironic isn't it? Dream had done his everything, he had left, ran away like a coward. Just so that he wouldn't let go. So that he wouldn't open up to the people he cared about. And there he was crying with a smile on his face knowing that he needed them. That if he would continue running it would be too late.

He would lose his sanity, just like his best friend had done all those years ago. Just like D- Technoblade. He had become his name and lost all humanity. He wasn't a person anymore, he became the blade. Dream didn't want to become a nightmare, he had to get back.

Y/n POV (Third person)

She wore a cold face, walking with confidence that want hers. He stole it meaning it didn't fit. She wasn't confident though she made herself appear the way she needed to be seen to not break down. Trauma changes a person, especially a child. It makes every move, every thought everything about the person changes. She wasn't that girl in the village anymore, the same y/e/c eyes, same y/h/c hair. But she wasnt always there, it was like sometimes someone else borrowed her body. At those times she had to fight.

At that moment standing in front of the pressure plate, not knowing if he would come back made someone else take over. Stone cold. She felt empty, stone cold confidence was what other people saw. The rain pouring down over her head didn't even make her take the step forward. It's ironic isn't it? How you one moment just want to go home, that's all you want. But one thing, one person can make everything change. And when you also are torn about that person it doesn't help. "Here goes nothing." She sighed and walked into the room, still dripping wet from the rain. 

George POV (Third person)

"Hello?" Relief attacked his body. He needed help. George ran up the stairs and slammed the cave door open meeting her eyes. It was a sad sight really. A pond of water under her drained shoes, clothes glued stuck to her body by the cold water. Dark rings under those y/e/c eyes and messy hair.

He hesitated a second before walking up to her and embracing her with a hug. Maybe he could make her feel warmer. George felt how she wrapped her arms tightly around his torso and how she nudged her head in his chest. "Y/n..." She looked up/down meeting his brown eyes.

Y/n POV (First person)

"Y/n...)" George's serious voice broke the slight moment of relaxation I finally felt in his embrace. My breathing was shaky as I looked up/down at him. "Sapnaps gone, I can't find him anywhere:" At those words my heart dropped. The feeling of losing him again, made me isolated in darkness. It felt like my mind was unconscious. The world was spinning around me. Everything had gone the wrong way. She made Dream go away and he was probably their best shot at finding Nick.

George hugged me again but it didn't help. I couldn't even cry, my body didn't react to my screams. I screamed from the top of my lungs but neither Geotge nor my body could hear me. It scared me, I am scared by myself sometimes. What if he went getting food instead of me? Guilt fulfilled all my thoughts. "We don't know if he's dead Y/n, he could just have lost his way back." His reassuring as hopeful words didn't break through my shell. Everything just felt hopeless. "Or his bones could be melting in that lava right now George. What are we even doing here, we should go there and do whatever... whatever we can do." "We just have to believe Y/n let's go there right now, and trust me we will find him."

"Y/n... I will help too." I turned around to see his white mask in the rain. I knew that I should feel happy. With his help there is a way bigger chance of finding Nick. But the ander overtook my body. If he wouldn have left in the first place we wouldn't be in this position. "What are you even doing here, I thought you left." It hurt having him see me in this emotional and broken state. Tears and rain water all over me looking like a weak mess.

Dream POV (First person)

I heard everything from outside. Guilt and embarrassment took over me. I was right, everyone always got hurt because of me. I had to put my shit together and not be a coward. Someone I cared abouts life was on the line.

"Y/n... I will help too." She turned around and looked at me with a cold face. I tried to read her reaction of me being there but it was impossible. "What are you even doing here, I thought you left." Her voice broke at the end. I really screwed up and I knew that. She was all wet from the rain and it just made her look like a cute mess. I just wanted to hug her and say sorry, tell her that everything would be ok. But instead she was in George's arms. I couldn't help but feel jealous, I bit my lip searching for the right words to say. "I promise that I will find him... please?" I was crying just like the others but they didn't see me. All they saw was that white untouchable mask with a large smile. Was I always happy according to them?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I gave you a earlier chapter than usual pog?!

I don't know why but I really enjoyed writing this haha, so much anxt. If you are wondering who broke me to enjoy this, its just Me Myself and I baby.

Thank you all for the support its crazy! You guys make me so happy, if I made you feel any kind of way please consider voting, commenting or continue reading.

And as usual have a AMAZING day or night!! :)