36

TW derealization, blood and mentions of death

Y/n POV (Third person)

"I guess we are here now." She tried to read the others feelings towards the place they had appeared in. George had an empty facial expression, she saw his eyes flick around in the area, they tried to scan the surrounding environment with some kind of fear showing deep in his eyes. "Yeah." George mumbled out still looking around with his feet glued to the yellow stone.

"Someone is coming." She switched her attention to the tall now masked man, she felt how his body tensed up only by looking at him. She imagined how he tensed his jaw and how his eyebrows furrow. "What, who?" How would they be able to hide here? An open landscape with only that yellow stone ground for as long the eye could see. Would they have to fight? "I can feel the ground vibrate, someone is running. Get ready, we might have to fight."

(TW blood)

In just a second Dream stoon in front of the group in a fighting position, sword in hand and a shield on his arm. On his belt a charged crossbow hung, ready to be used. He turned his head, Y/n was met by the drawn eyes, he looked terrifying. "Don't die." Was that all he was going to say? That she shouldn't die? "Yeah, I thought about dying but now I won't thank you Dream." She heard his sight, it echoed loudly in her mind. What if he would die. What if she would hold his body in her arms seeing his thick blood run down her arms and hear how he coughs up his own blood in her face. What if she would hear his heart slowly stop beating, watch as his face slowly got pale as his mask. No he was strong, he was smart. If anyone would die it would be the ones against him. If he died, she would too. She wouldn't survive through more death.

George brought up his sword and held it in a tight grip with both his hands, standing right behind Dream. She had to get in position too, she knew that. But then why didn't she just.. do it? She was scared, the others were too, she was just too weak to take the first step to take up the weapon, to make your mind ready to fight. Fight for life... or death.

Her shaky hand touched the handle on her back. She clenched her fist around the wood before dragging the weapon up. The shining diamond shone so bright in the dark void of a world. She tightened her shield on her arm before taking a deep breath.

Dream POV (First person)

I just want to close my eyes, and when I open them I want to see myself in a safe house. With her in my arms and that both George and Sapnap would be with us. I want us all to be safe. But here we are, I can't fail this time, if I do I kill us all. Both George and Y/n are good fighters but against him and his possible army they would have no chance. Do I have a chance?

I feel my knuckles tighten their grip around my sword harder as the vibrations in the ground get clearer. Whoever they are... they are getting closer. In the horizon I can see two black dots coming closer, today they will take their last breaths. I have had enough. He has done too much damage already, he will pay for what he's done.

One of them has brown hair that reaches their cheekbones, he seems exhausted, they had been running for some while. I concentrate, take in the enemies approaching. The other one had a similar hair color though they had a red pigment that was hard to detect. The hair reaches to the person's ears. Both of them seemed to be around 5'7 to 5'10. From the distance it was still hard to detect. Just a little closer, I just want them a little closer.

No weapons, neither of them held any weapons, not a shield, nothing. I felt my confidence drop, I felt myself doubting my mind. Who were these people?

Y/n POV (First person)

I wanted myself to squeeze the handle of my axe harder. I wanted to run up to those two people and make the diamond slit their skin apart. I wanted to see their bodies turn into air, I didn't want them to be real. At least not one of them. I had managed to push everything about him away, I had tricked my own mind that I had moved on.

When I wanted to squeeze my hands tighter they instead turned numb, I felt the axe drop from my grip and heard the sound of it hitting the ground. I wanted to move, I wanted to scream but my feet were glued to the yellow stones and my mouth were shut. I wanted to cry but I didn't know if I were awake, If a fight were happening or if we just stood there staring at each other.

I felt my mind race back to that day, I felt the feeling of emotions hitting my face with a clenched fist until blood ran down my nose. I felt weak, like if I was that girl who looked out over a village with smoke filling the air around her. Time moved so slow yet it felt like everything happened too fast for my mind to catch up.

I didn't even see how Dream backed away from his threatening position in front, or how George let his guard down. I didn't even take in how one of the two men that we were just about to fight slowly backed away with his hands in the air. All that my eyes focused on was those brown eyes and how they looked straight into mine. It felt like the whole world around me disappeared, like if it pushed me forward. It felt as if I was floating. People say time is an illusion and in that moment I couldn't have explained it better than just that. I just found myself to be standing right in front of him, my eyes drowning in salty tears. Am I dreaming?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope everyone enjoyed and had a good time reading!! I am trying to make longer chapters now during the later parts of the story so that it won't get to dragged out or something like that. But please share opinions in the comments, I LOVE reading everything you guys have to say!!

I am trying to get better with trigger warnings and stuff so they should be right I think

Have a great day or night everyone <3 :)