43

TW The usual pretty much, violence, death, suicidal thought, swearing

Also I recommend listening to the song Memento Mori by Crywank to this chapter, especially to one specific part and I will tell u when its time, if you only want to listen at well... that part. Happy reading!

Dream POV (Third person)

He could hear the confident steps on the ground, he could hear the screaming sound from metal against metal in the armour. "Why are you still here? We all know that you won." He didn't have to look up to see the grin flash under the pig mask. "What do you mean? The fun just started." He hated everything about this. He hated how his enemies could see him crying, he hated how he'd lost and that they all could see it. Though what made more emotions explode inside of him was the fact she was still laying there and had done her all just for the rest of them, just for revenge, just for the people she loved- did she love him? That question would forever run laps in his head just to haunt the already broken mind he was stuck in like a prison.

"Dream, there is nothing left for you. You've lost, you just said so yourself." He wanted to shut the monotone voice down, he couldn't stand hearing the smile on his face anymore. "Join me." He wanted it all to stop, the sword and axes on the ground screamed at him that they could easily rip that smug face into pieces, yet something stopped him, and maybe the fact that he didn't know what stopped him was what hurt the most. Because if that thing didn't exist, maybe she would still be alive. "Most opportunities are created by luck. It takes skill to grasp those opportunities and turn it into success. Take this opportunity, Dream. You remember what we did together, and you loved it."

What other choice did he have? There was no point in fighting, there was nothing left to fight for, and they were not enough people anyway. Would joining the one who killed the one person he loved make it all easier to forget? "Now, I know what you're gonna say, 'Technoblade, you monster! You really killed millions of people and the person I love or whatever'. And it- look, look, look, come on, you gotta understand. There was nothing else I could do, I was doing what I had to do! You need me as much as I need you. And don't come here saying I'm manipulating you, you know that's your thing." The way he almost laughed while he talked, the way he talked about it all so nonchalantly should have had an impact on me, though it didn't. I really couldn't care less, nothing mattered anymore. It was over. I guess it was never meant to be.

"I'll let you think about it, meet me... there. You know where I'm talking about."

George POV (First person)

I couldn't understand what was happening. I was furious, Dream just sat there and let Techno kick him while laying down. He let himself get dragged through the mud. And I couldn't stand watching. One of my best friends who I had grown to love as one of my best friends was killed, and my other best friend seriously considered joining her killer.

"Are you serious, Dream?" He didn't even look up, he still sat there with his head buried in her shoulder, her dead shoulder. "...What?" He let out a couple of shaky breaths before answering, that man was broken. "Are you just going to let him talk to you like that, let him sway you like that? Haven't you ever listened to her?" I couldn't care less if Dream was sad, so were the rest of us, now was the time to motivate ourselves, us giving up wouldn't make us feel any better. "There is no point in fighting anymore, we've lost George." I felt myself laugh at how hopeless he was, big scary Dream.

"Are you actually serious? All she talked about when her BROTHER was possibly dead along with the rest of the people she'd ever known was to get revenge. She hid all her anxiety and fears from being alone for YEARS with the determination of winning, of revenge. And now you don't want to honor her memory, but join the very person to cause pain, not only for her but for me, for sapnap, for Karl. For the entire world for fucks sake!" I usually never swore, but when I do people usually understand that I for once was serious and now I was.

Dream POV (First person)

I knew he was right, though I didn't have the power to continue. My mind only flowed back to the old times, to when killing was a daily habit, to when I hid behind a mask of blood, determination and death. People were and still are scared of me because of those times, was it time to go back, to go into a numb state and hide? I wouldn't feel so hurt anymore. This was what Techno felt when he found his family dead wasn't it?

Everyone works through grief differently, he killed and destroyed the world. Brought upon himself to get everyone around him through the amount of pain that he felt a million times over. Y/n wanted revenge, she wanted to honour the people she loved and make them proud. She was a role model and someone to honor, yet he couldn't find it upon himself to do anything else than just lay there with her close.

(Song time in this paragraf)

Without her everything was almost impossible, it's so hard to breathe, stand, walk, see, everything. As new tears I didn't even knew existed found their way down my cheek I mumbled out lyrics into her shoulder, wishing for one thing, for her to wake up. By the darkest river, beneath the leafless trees. I could see her running alone in the dark, I could see her being lost and all I wanted to do was be able to hug her again while feeling her squeeze back. I think I'm drowning, this dream is killing me. Wake up, wake up, wake up. I really felt like drowning, I used to drown in her smell, in her smile, in her eyes but now all I'm drowning in is her dead body in my arms. In the coldest winter, between the fading lights I feel I'm falling into a frozen sky. I imagined how the cold water would hit me like a dancing fire, I imagined its flames embracing my body.

Wake up, wake up, wake up. I want to give up. Past the blackest heaven, above the dying stars. Above us were no stars, all stars died with her, only a black void to be left for us to see. I watch me breaking into a million shards. There was no point in living if living was without you. Wake up, wake up, wake up. Please. But through the hardest hour, below the cruelest sign I know I'm waking up from this wretched lie. Though I wasn't, I would never wake up, just like she wouldn't.

Wake up, wake up

Wake up, because I love you.

Unknown POV (Third person)

They closed their eyes before feeling the bones and flesh in their body slowly disappear into nothingness just to moments later reappear in another place in this cruel world. They opened their eyes, feeling judged as the three people around them stared with wide eyes. They felt anxious about everything, their different coloured eyes, their part white and part black skin and the way they were the seed to grow this flower out of problems. "Hi, um I'm Ranboo and I want to save your friends."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 43 is officially done! And Ranboo? PogChamp anyone? ahah

 I believe its not too much left of this story now which feels very, very weird haha. I have worked on this for quite a while. And I don't think i'm quite done with writing yet so if you guys have any recommendations/requests for future works please tell.

 (I will finish this first though) 

Have a great day or night <3