Chapter 10: Alone Again

Everything had disappeared, vanished. All of your thoughts and memories didn't bother you anymore, and you enjoyed it. You knew that the dream and feeling of lightness wouldn't last, that it would end. In the dream you had been followed by a feeling of dread, as if reality wanted to work itself into the dream. Only once you had opened your eyes did you remember the feeling and the memory that accompanied it. 

Your eyes slowly inspected the room, hoping something had changed. But sadly the room remained white, not a single impurity. As you sat up, you felt a piercing pain in your neck. Instinctively you quickly pressed your hand onto it to try and silence the pain.

As you did this you suddenly looked at your now naked wrists. ... Wait.. my wrists were cuffed... As you stared down at your wrist, you realized how blurry your vision was. You looked around the room and all of a sudden your hopes for an escape were crushed. How would you run away if you couldn't even see correctly. To you the room was nothing more than a white blur, the only things that stood out were the two door. ... I'm alone again...

You started to rub your eyes as you started to feel a little nauseous. While sighing you started to think about everything that had happened. Everything from the moment you awoke to the moment you were engulfed by darkness. As you did this you remembered seeing someone enter the room.

... Was it Shusagi?... But why would he want to see me?... ... It could've been anyone... Maybe it was a nurse... I've betrayed everyone and now Shougo is dead and... and...

You had to hold back tears as you told yourself that nothing could be changed by doing nothing other than crying. If Shougo was still alive he wouldn't want you to sit around, especially now since you were no longer cuffed to the bed. But your brain immediately found an excuse. ... But my vision... I can barely see the end of the bed... 

As you heard the excuse echo within your thoughts, you shook your head. ... No... I won't sit around... If anything... I should at least see what's behind that door...

You lifted the cotton blanket off of yourself as you steadily placed each foot onto the cold ground. Although your legs were aching you pulled yourself up and stumbled toward the door, supporting your body weight by leaning on the wall. A few feet away from the door you stumbled over a chair, falling onto the floor with a loud thud. 

You pressed your hands onto your head and as you did, the door you had been walking toward burst open. Two men in blue uniforms walked in. You couldn't tell what they were until they were close enough so that you could identify the uniform. The first man started chuckling as he stated, "A escape attempt, huh? Did you really think it was a good idea to walk around with the current state of your eyes?" ... How do they know?... Shit... Safety measures... I suppose this'll wear off in a few minutes... worst case scenario a few hours...

As he picked you up and put you back into the bed you saw that he was a guard. The guard that had placed you onto the bed then asked, "Please don't do that again, we don't want to walk in here to see a corpse." The second guard, who had been silent until now, walked over to you as he asked, "Are you alright?" You nodded lightly, reassuring him that you were alright.

Now you understood why you had been uncuffed, because you wouldn't have been able to escape either way. The two left the room after picking up what had been on the chair you tripped over. You wondered what it was but you didn't feel like talking, and you'd see what it was eventually. 

...What do I do now?... Do I run away?... Do I get revenge for Shougos death?... Or should I try and befriend everyone again?... But what good can come from the life of a hunting dog?... I'm a human... not some worthless mutt Gino'll push around... I should've run... it's what Shougo wanted... Why couldn't I listen?...