Chapter 8 : We Meet Again

You nervously stood in front of the door to Kagaris apartment, wondering if you'd be disturbing him or not. But ultimately, you decided to just get it over with and to stop stalling. And as soon as you had entered the apartment, you were greeted with the sight of Kagari cooking some dinner. You smiled at the enforcer while walking toward the counter next to him.

Kagari looked over to you proudly, "Don't worry, it'll be done in a second."

You smiled at him as you started setting the table. After you had finished setting the table, you got a text from Akane saying that Shougo Makishima had been arrested, and that he was currently being held in the medical ward. Your eyes widened as you tried not to panic. 

...That's impossible... Brother has never been caught... I have to help him but it would be suspicious if I left as soon as I got the text... But I can't just eat dinner and act as if nothing is wrong... what if he's hurt?...

Kagari, having yet to notice your worry, proudly put the dinner down onto the table. But as he then looked at you, concern was visible in his eyes, "(Y/N)? Are you okay? You look pale."

While walking over to him you stated, "Shusagi I have to go, I'll be back soon and I'll explain why later." As you were about to leave Kagari grabbed your wrist and pulled you into a tight hug, "Don't be away too long, okay?" You smiled as you pulled away, "I promise I'll be back before the food gets cold."

He smirked at you and said, "It's a deal."

After leaving Kagaris apartment you texted Toma a message telling him to turn off the security cameras in Makishimas room. He immediately replied saying, "Of course." ... At least something's going well...

You entered the room where Makishima was in and as you opened the door you saw him lying on a bed, unconscious. You sighed in relief since it looked like he had no severe injuries. While looking to see if the cameras had been shut off you heard the door open behind you. You nearly saluted Toma since he still looked like the head of the MWPSB, "Oh it's just you, Toma."

He smirked and said, "Just?" You rolled your eyes while lightly punching him, "Exactly, but Toma do you mind leaving me alone with Shougo for a while?" Toma nodded and left the room, "I'll be waiting outside, in case you need me."

You sat down on the chair beside Makishimas bed. You took his hand and cupped it in your own while weakly smiling. ... I wish you were awake... we haven't spoken in so long... Kogami must've done this... He only causes problems for us... I'd kill him if you weren't so eager to kill him yourself...

After a few minutes you heard Shougo groan as he placed his hand on his forehead. As he began to sit up you hugged him tightly, a few tears of joy running down your cheeks.

You pulled away smiling as you stated, "Shougo, I'm so glad you're okay!"Shougo looked around the room, "Where are we?" "In the medical ward of the MWPSB. I got so worried when I heard you got captured! What happened?"

He turned to look into your eyes, "Kogamis partner beat me over the head with something hard." ... Akane?... She did this to you?... Kogami must've told her too or something... I refuse to believe she'd hurt him just to be violent...

Shougo then smiled and continued, "But on the upside we get to see each other again. It's been so long, (Y/N). Just look at how my little sister has grown." You blushed in slight embarrassment as you retorted with, "Well you've changed a lot in the last 3 years too. Beside the few phone calls we had I never heard from you..."

He looked at you worried, "Are you alright?" While continuing to smile, another tear escaped your eye, "We see each other so rarely...Why couldn't we just be a normal family?" Shougo slightly glared at you and replied, "You know why."