Chapter 4 : Nomen Fratris Mei

Your eyes flickered open as your vision slowly became clearer. Slowly but surely, your other senses started to wake up with you. So it didn't take long until you widened your eyes at the memory of the night before. ... Am I still in Shusagis apartment?... Oh shit!...

As this thought ran through your mind, you instinctively jumped up to see what exactly was different. Only to see that you were alone on the sofa with a blanket covering you. A sigh of relief escapes your lips before you started smiling. After calming yourself down a little, you got off of the couch and stretched your arms. ... I wonder where Kagari is... And what time is it anyways?...

A sound was emitting from the kitchen and as you entered the room, you saw an energetic Kagari sitting on the kitchen counter drinking some coffee while reading a book. The enforcer looked up from the book (while putting down his cup) and met your gaze. He smiled at you brightly and jumped off of the kitchen counter. You started walking toward him as he rubbed the back of his neck, "Good morning (Y/N)!"

You, along with Kagari, started to blush while thinking of the night before and, to destroy any awkward silences, you asked, "Good morning Shusagi... what time is it?" You didn't wait for him to answer since you immediately headed for the fridge to get some milk. Kagari, not really disturbed by this, calmly replied with, "Oh it's only 10am, so there's no rush."

You grabbed the cereal box as another smile crept onto your lips, "Thank god we have the afternoon shift today." You then placed the milk carton and the cereal box onto the table while Kagari got two bowls and spoons. He then sat down on the opposite side of where you sat. You made your cereal and started eating in relative peace.

"So what was that book you were reading?" you asked before taking another bite. "Oh it's a manga called Jojo's Bizarre Adventure." While looking up from the cereal you asked, "If you could have any of the characters powers, which would you pick?" The enforcer smiled once more as he replied, "I wish I had super powers like Stand or Hamond. Isn't it awesome that we've both read this manga."

You nodded while thinking of how happy he got talking about something so simple. ... But I still wonder, how does someone like him become a latent criminal at 5?... Yeah, sometimes he's a jackass but still... I'll just ask him again and if I don't get an answer, I'll just drop it... It's not like I'm in a position to judge him...

You looked up from your cereal bowl and asked, "Shusagi, can I ask you something?" He looked at you confused before grinning slyly, "You just did..." you smiled and rolled your eyes as he continued, "... but sure."

"How is it that you've been a latent criminal since you were 5?"

His expression changed drastically, from cheerful to disappointed, as he replied, "I don't know... I just remember going to a check up and them telling me that I had a 0% chance at rehabilitation. I was put into a facility and I lived there until I became an enforcer."

You stared down at your bowl as you listened to his answer. As you did this you couldn't help but feel a little guilty for bringing up (what was possibly) bad memories. ... Shusagi must really hate the Sibyl System after what he's had to go through...

Kagari awoke you from your thoughts by adding, "But at least I had the potential to be an enforcer and got out of there, unlike some other patients."

You tried to smile as you told him, "I'm glad you got out of there, otherwise I would have never met you."

"Yeah, you'd be lost without me," you playfully frowned at him before he started to rub the back of his neck again while blushing, "But yeah... I'm glad I got to meet you too, (Y/N). Anyways what was your life like before you decided to boss me around for a living?"