Chapter 11: Betrayed By Trust

Days passed slowly yet they still seemed to blur into one memory. You were either having morning sickness, headaches or backaches. As this cycle of vomiting and constant aching the idea of you being pregnant became more and less realistic. Something within you hoped that you weren't pregnant but what else could it be? Both of you were virgins before that night, there weren't many possibilities to what was causing these symptoms. 

As you yourself started to believe that you were pregnant, you began to panic. If you were pregnant, there were so many possibilities to what could happen. Most were sadly negative, which in turn stressed you more. ... What will they do to me if they find out?... Will they take away my child?... Will they kill it?...

Four days before your planned escape with Kagari, you got a call from Akane telling you to go to the office of division one. After you had arrived there she said, "Joshu Kesai wishes to speak with you in her office."

You smiled at her as you said, "That explains why I was allowed up here." Akane walked up and hugged you while replying, "Only four more days and we can work together again! Just like before!" While awkwardly smiling you said, "Yeah... just like before." ... I'm sorry Akane but... we can't stay here...

As she pulled away you asked, "Do you want to come with me? We could talk on the way."

She smiled brightly as she replied, "Sure! But I can't come in the office with you, Kesai said it was strictly between you and her." You smiled anyways, not letting your worries get to you, as you two started walking toward the office, "So, how has it been up here? Being the only Inspector and all."

Akane started telling you about all the cases she had been on and how there would be a new inspector coming soon. You were genuinely happy for her and after she had told you everything you asked, "Akane do you know what the Sibyl System actually is?"

She nodded, "I saw it first hand... I'm guessing Makishima told you?" While nodding you said, "Yes. I just wanted to make sure you knew what it was. I don't want to keep secrets from you anymore." Akane beamed as she replied, "Me too. Secrets make everything complicated. Promise that we'll only be honest with each other from now?"

You held up your pinkie finger and said, "I promise that'll there will be no secrets between us." She rolled her eyes playfully as she interlaced her pinkie finger with yours, "I promise." ... Maybe you could come with us... I can't tell you everything now but... I'll tell you soon...

As you talked a bit more you asked, "Six weeks ago someone was in my medical room and dropped off clothes. Was that you?" She shook her head as she replied, "No, I don't even know where you live. Isn't that private information?"

You nodded as you quickly changed the subject to something less important... If not Akane... who was it?...

After arriving in front of the office Akane and you parted ways as she said, "I'll be waiting for you over there. Okay?" You nodded as you opened the office door to see Toma sitting at the desk playing with an Rubik's cube. While looking up at you he said, "Welcome, (Y/n). Please do close the door behind you."

You did as he requested and then proceeded to sit down on a chair in front of his desk. "Why am I here, Toma? Did you get lonely?" Toma smirked as he put away the Rubik's cube, "Why don't you tell me? You're the one that's been up to so much. Let us chat like the old pair of friends we are."

While slightly glaring at him you said, "Stop playing around. You called me up here now tell me why. If I'm simply going to waste time to have small talk with you, tell me." ... I don't have the time to be playing games with you... so just get to the point...