Chapter 6 : A Brother Long Lost

You were suspended for a few days until you were completely cleared of suspicion. After arriving back at the MWPSB building you received a text from Akane. 

Hey (Y/N),

me and Kogami are going to look for a friend of mine who has been missing for a while.

... Does she need my help?... Why is she texting me this?... At least now I know where she is?...

You finished reading the text and rolled your eyes while starting to text her back. In the text you offered your and Kagaris help but she kindly refused. Akane assured you that she was safe with Kogami and that she would call you if it was necessary.

You sighed and started walking into the MWPSB building but you stopped as you noticed a small bakery on the other side of the street. You smirked wickedly as you chuckled. ... I think it's time to test Kagaris hate for kiwis... Just to screw with him...

The bakery was small and cute, as you entered it, you couldn't deny the smell of fresh bread and cakes. There was an older woman behind the counter, you smiled at her and pointed at the cakes, "May I have two slices of that chocolate cake?"

The old woman smiled and started getting the cake slices you pointed at, "Of course, my dear." After getting them and rapping them up you thanked her while paying. She smiled and asked, "Do you plan on eating those with anyone, deary?"

You smiled at her and said, "Just a special friend. Why do you ask?"

The woman smiled a smile as sweet as the cakes in the store. She was visibly happy as she pointed at a sign hanging above the entrance, "We have a special deal on cakes if you plan on eating them with a lover you get 10% off." ... Well that's... odd...especially since I could just lie...

You blushed and excused, "Oh, but we're just friends!" After walking toward the door you heard her lightly giggle, "Okay deary, have fun with your friend. But before you leave, just take some advice with you." As you turned around to look at her curiously, she continued, "Friends like that are rare, don't let him go. I didn't."

As the store owner smiled you started to blush more. You thanked her for the advice before leaving the shop and towards a grocery store nearby. Now you just needed kiwis for your plan to be set.

After buying everything you needed at the store, you put them in the bag with the cakes. You smiled the whole way back until you entered your office. Nobody was in the room so while walking over to your desk you got out the small plastic plates you bought and placed them onto the surface of said desk. ... At least I'm alone now, what a bother it would have been to explain this experiment...

The cake for Kagari was placed onto the plastic plate as you got out the kiwis and cut them open while pouring the juices onto the cake. After that you wrapped the cake back up and drew an X on the paper bag it was rapped in so you would know it's his cake. After arriving at the medical ward you walked to Kagaris door. ...This is going to be fun...

You opened the door to see Kagari laying in bed, you smiled at him and announced, "I brought cakes!"

The enforcer smiled back at you and replied, "Great, I need something sweet. Otherwise I might die of sugar depravation." You walked over to the small kitchen in the corner of the room and placed your bags onto the small white counter.

You tried not to smile too much while getting out the two plastic plates and placing the cakes onto them. You picked up the plate with his cake and handed it to him while getting yours on a plate and quickly sitting down on the chair next to him.