Chapter 5 : The Butterfly Effect

It was six o'clock in the morning when you finally woke up again. You had only slept a few hours but you didn't care, you were too busy worrying about the pills. If you didn't get out of this hospital in time, they'd find out about everything. Frantically, you looked around yourself. Perhaps, if you tried hard enough, you could escape.

... I have to leave this damned place before my psycho pass starts rising again...

You got out of the bed and as you stood up you noticed that your shoulder didn't hurt anymore. This surprised you a little, which caused you to look at the spot where you had shot yourself. You were a little shocked to see that everything look normal, there wasn't even a scar. ... These doctors are better than I thought...

But as lovely as that fact was, it wasn't even on your list of priorities. As you looked back up you noticed a suitcase on the chair on the other side of the room. While walking over to the suitcase you wondered who had brought it, and why.

As you opened the suitcase you noticed a fresh pair of clothes and other stuff in there. You lightly smiled while changing into the fresh pair of clothes within the suitcase. ... Maybe Akane brought these here... I'll have to thank her later...

After you were done changing, you looked through the suitcase again in case there was something in there that you would need. You saw a toothbrush, toothpaste, a comb, your hospital gown and a blue envelope.

You narrowed your eyebrows while picking it up and sitting back down on the side of your bed. The envelope was small and blank, you carefully opened it, curious to read what was in there.

While holding it with both of your hands you smiled as you read through the note.

Hello (F/N),

I hope you get better soon, after all

our fight against the Sybil System would

be quite futile without you. I hope the

pills are safe and where you can easily

reach them.

Stay out of harms way until we

see each other again,

S.M.

... I wonder how he's doing, we haven't seen each other in ages... At least I know he still cares about my well being...

You placed the note down next to you as you picked up the envelope with your other hand. Two stray pills were in the corner of the envelope. ... Good he knows I had to hide the pills... At least now I can make sure my psycho pass stays down until I get out of this place... 'Escaping' would've been quite suspicious...

You picked one up and put it in your mouth. While the pill melted on your tongue you put the note back into the envelope, along with the other pill. After putting the envelope back into the suitcase you put on your shoes which were by the door.

As soon as you had put them on, you grabbed the suitcase and started leaving the room. Making sure that you had forgotten nothing was quite easy, since you didn't have any other of your belongings in the room to begin with. Before you could walk out of the building, the receptionist stopped you.

You had forgotten to take the wrist band off which let everyone know that you were a patient. While smiling awkwardly, you walked over to the woman, "Yes?" The receptionist, unamused by your expression, grabbed your wrist and looked at the numbers, "Hm, you shouldn't be leaving yet. You're alowed to leave at eleven o'clock, no sooner, no later."