Chapter 12: Lets Run Away Together

Akane looked you dead in the eye and honestly replied, "I'll help you." 

You smiled as you sighed in relief hope filled your entire being, "Thank you so, so much!"

She then continued to say, "Tomorrow at around 11:15 am I will arrange for the power to go out. You should be able to escape then. I'll get some manual guns, those special pills and paralyzer grenades while you get to the ground floor of the emergency staircase."

You nodded but before she could even begin to leave you asked, "But what about these bracelets? Don't they track where me and Shusagi are?" Akane smiled at you softly as she reassured, "Don't worry about those, the System owes me a little. Sadly the inspectors and enforcers on duty don't. So be careful regardlessly. We only have this one shot." 

As you raised an eyebrow you nervously asked, "Are you sure we can trust the Sybil System? How do I know that when me and Shusagi escape it won't just... you know." Your friend sighed as she stated, "I suppose you'll have to trust it this once." You nodded and thanked her once more before she left. When you were once again left alone you layed down onto the bed as you placed your hand on top of your stomach while whispering, "Everything will be okay..."

As you lay there you thought of all the events that had brought you here.

... Shougo... if you could see me now... I'll be saving a criminal... my boyfriend... with an Inspector... Out of context you'd probably have a fit...

The next day you paced around in your cell nervously as you saw the clock tick away. What if this plan didn't work? What if this plan got you and your children killed along with Kagari? What if everything that could go wrong does? Mixing the fact that you were pregnant and nervous didn't help since you vomited twice while waiting.

The door was only a few feet away as the power shut off. No time was wasted as you quickly ran over to and opened the door. You avoided the confused staff members (of which there were surprisingly few) as you ran to the emergency staircase to see you were on the -20 floor.

A groan escaped your lips at the thought of running up all those steps, but alas who were you to complain? 

It took you fifteen minutes to arrive at the ground floor of the emergency staircase without getting caught. After you caustiously looked around the room you saw a small box with new clothes, weapons and the special pills your brother had made before his death. ... Akane... you're amazing...

You quickly put on the clothes and took the pill while hiding the weapon on you. As soon as you had finished you walked out of the emergency staircase and into the lobby. When you saw Akane she walked over to you and pulled you out of the building by the wrist. After you had gotten into the car with her you asked, "How long until...?"

She suddenly started speeding down the road as she said, "We have about 15 minutes until they execute Kagari. I know that seems like a long time but the building isn't that close." ... Why didn't you cut the power earlier?!... Then we'd surely have enough time...

You quickly went over the plan with her. As she finished explaining it you asked, "How did you manage to get the power be cut anyways?" She smirked while chuckling, "Being the only inspector for a whole division does help!" It may not have been the time for jokes but it definitely lightened the mood, even if it was only a little.

As soon as you arrived you jumped out of the car and walked into the building while Akane hid her face with a hologram. Unlike you she had a reputation to uphold, this also explained her bland attire, she wore them so that they wouldn't be traced back to her. You ran toward the entrance where the two main guards said, "Excuse me, my lady. This is a prison especially for execution of criminals, so I must ask you to leave." ... Shusagi killed for me... time to return the favor...