Chapter 12: I Owe Them

Agh, my head. I thought as I start to come to and felt water being poured down on me. I groan then shake my head, slightly, as I open my eyes to the the muddy ground moving underneath me and hear the rain and thunder.

"Wh-what?" I muttered when I realized that I felt two pairs of hands holding my arms and two pairs of footsteps walking. I look around and noticed that two of the Scars were carrying me deep into the forest.

I gasped and tried to get out of their grasp but realized that my hands were tied behind my back. We walked past a burning car and one of the Scars threw their torch at the burning fire then both of them tossed me to the ground.

I let out a pained grunt then moved my body to lean to the side and see, above me, several bodies hanging from the trees and their stomachs cut opened with their intestines spilling out. Much like the people back at that TV station.

I lay back on my front and try to get my knees under me to push me up but then one of the Scars grabbed me and shoved me down into the ground. I struggle under him as he put a noose around my neck, now my heart was beating fast. I tried to struggle to get out but the guy pulled the rope and started to pull me up into the air.

I flailed my legs around as I was pulled up from the ground and the second Scar came up and placed a bucket on the ground. The first guy grabbed my legs and placed my feet on top of the bucket.

I began to hyperventilate as the second Scar person removed their hood, revealing it to be a woman with these long gashes across both of her cheeks. She glares at me for a moment and pulls out her knife. "You are nested with sin." She said in a low, threatening voice. "Please, please." I whispered, tearfully, as she pulls up my shirt, revealing my stomach.

"No, no, no." I pleaded and she places the knife against my stomach. ​​​Shit, this is it. No... I thought as I felt the icy cold metal against my skin. "Free them...that they may know my--" she said but then we all hear a high pitched whistle not far from us. Her partner looks over at her then towards the noise before he runs off and she removes her knife off of my stomach and lowers my shirt.

Second later, I heard what sounded like a girl screaming and growling and thats when two of the Scars come up, holding a young girl. The woman turns to her as the two men bring the girl to her as the girl does her best to fight against their grip.

"Yara." The woman said and the girl stops fighting as the woman walks closer to her then bends down to her. "Where is the other apostate?" The woman asked Yara, my eyes darting between them. Yara then spits at the woman, who stays there for a moment before she stands up.

"Clip her wings." The woman ordered the two men and the men shove the girl down on the ground. "Wh-what are you doing?" I asked as the men hold Yara's arm down and the woman holds down her legs. Then the man that was holding Yara's left arm, pulls out a hammer from his pocket and starts to bash her left arm with the hammer.

"Stop! STOP!" I screamed as Yara screams out in pain. "Here." The first guy said as he hands it to his partner. The second guy raised the hammer over his head but before he could do anything, an arrow hits him in the cheek then another one hits him in the chest.

He falls over and I gasped as the man and woman look towards the forest. Yara grabs the hammer and hits the man in the cheek with the hooked end of the hammer then pulls it out.

The woman goes to shoot her but a third arrow flies through the air, narrowly missing the woman. She turns towards the forest and fires her pistol a few times. She backs up towards me as Yara gets up and holds up the hammer with her uninjured arm.

The woman aims her gun at Yara but then I swing my legs out and wrap my legs around the woman's neck. She aims her gun at me and pulls the trigger but she was out of bullets.