Chapter 15: Seraphite Island

"So...how are we gonna get on this island?" I asked Yara as we made our way through the abandoned city. "There are blind spots along the coast we can boat into. From there we’ll follow back roads." she replied.

"They’re safe?" Jesse asked her. "Safest option we have." said Yara. "Any chance Lev is going to change his mind?" Elliot asked. "None. He’s too stubborn." She said.

"Does he get what he’s walking into?" I asked her. "I thought he did...He’s got a soft spot for her." Yara said. "Well...it is his mom." Daniel said. "Yeah, well. She won’t see it that way." Yara said and we go through some more buildings until we come up to this old mall.

We make our way inside of it and look below us to see some WLF leaving on boat in the flooded area of the building. "You think they're heading to the island?" Daniel asked. "Would be the logical explanation." Joel said and I look over to see a couple of boats that weren't being used.

"There! That’s our tickets out." I said and we get down and walk over to the boat just as a few WLF soldiers come up. "What the fuck!" One of them exclaimed but all of us, besides Yara, were able to take them out and get on the boats. Elliot, Yara and I were on one boat, Joel, Daniel and Jesse on the second. 
We started the motor and take off, Yara acting as our guide to the island.

Eventually, we make it and noticed that there didn't seem to be anybody near the edge of the land.  "Where is everyone? No guards?" Elliot asked Yara as we got closer. "They don’t use this corner of the island." Yara explained then she looks over and points off to the left. "Look! A boat! That has to be Lev's! We have to catch up to him." She said. 

"How do you know that's him?" I asked her. "Like I said, no one uses this corner." She said as we get to shore. "Do you know where he’s going?" Elliot asked her. "To our house...That’s where our mom will be." She replied.

"How far is it?" I asked. "We’ll take back trails. They won’t see us." She said and we get off of the boats and she gestures for us to follow her.

"Whoa... Is that your village?" Daniel asked as we see a view of a massive village of wooden buildings, almost like a large city of its own. "No. That’s Haven. Ours is further inland." Yara explained as we all stare at the view. "Don’t linger. They might see you." She said and we follow her.

After walking for a few more minutes we heard a loud sound and Yara stops in her tracks. "Oh no..." she whispered. "What is that?" Joel asked. "It’s our warning signal. The Wolves are here. The whole island is on alert now. We need to hurry." She said and she starts to sprint.

"Damn it." I growled and we all started to run. "We’ll cut through the logging camp. Follow me." Yara said and we follow her. "How many people live here?" Daniel asked her. "Around a thousand." Yara said. "How many soldiers?" Jesse asked. "Half of us are trained in combat." She said.

"What are the other half going to do when the WLF get here?" I asked her. "Some will hide. Most will fight." She replied as we enter a small village and see them loading people up in carts.

"This is bad." Yara mutters as the cart of people head out. "How do we get through this?" Joel asked, concerned. "The gate’ll be locked. The lumber mill. The big building on the right with the torches." She said. "That gets us outta here?" Elliot asked. "Yeah. We can cut through it." She said. "Perfect. Come on." I said and walk around the buildings and sneak through the village as best as we could.

Couple of times we had to take out some of the Seraphites luckily it was pretty easy. "Where we going?" I asked Yara as we got deeper and deeper into the island. I mean, we have to be close by now.

"See that tall tower?" she asked as she points off in the distance, towards the tall white tower that comes to a sharp point at the top. "Yeah." I said. "That's where we need to go." Yara said. "Okay." I said and we continued on.