Chapter 9: Seattle

*(y/n)'s POV*

"This hunter was on top of him...drowning him. And...Joel couldn't reach for his gun and (y/n) was fighting another guy." Elliot said to the others as we rode on our horses through the luscious forest. "Jeez...were you scared?" Dina asked him. "Well, I didn't even think, I just...ran in there, grabbed his gun and...shot the guy in the face before (y/n) could do anything." Elliot said.

"How old were you?" Daniel asked him, curiously. "Fourteen. How old were you when you guys first killed someone?" Elliot asked her and Daniel. "We talking infected?" Dina asked. "No. Fully conscious non-fungal person." Elliot said. "Ten." Dina replied and I look at her in shock.

"Ten years old? What happened?" I asked her. "These two guys was coming at our mom and Dina stabbed one and I shot the other." Daniel replied. "Shit." Elliot mutters, shocked. "Damn." I said.

"What about you, Jesse?" I asked. "Oh hell. I don't even remember. I think eleven. There were these guys that ambushed my parents and I and I...I..I just didn't think. I stabbed one guy before my dad took out the others." Jesse explains.

"What about you, (y/n)?" Daniel asked me. "My first human kill?" I asked and he nods. "Twelve. This guy attacked my dad and I froze for a few moments. Eventually, I grabbed the gun and shot the guy but I was too late. The guy killed my dad." I replied and the others gave me a worried look. "Luckily, his friend, Marlene, was nearby and helped me get out." I explained.

"That sucks." Dina mumbles. "Alright, anyone else got a sad sob story?" I asked, jokingly, and everyone chuckles as we continue on through the woods until we found a clearing.

"Guys, look! Cars!" Dina said, pointing at some abandoned cars. "Yeah, we're getting close." I said and a few moments later, we come up to this old highway. "This way." I said and we continue onwards. "Sure seems quiet." Daniel points out. "Yeah. Think about how well we hide our lookouts." Elliot replied and I nod. "I know. That's what scares me." said Daniel then we come up to an old large quarantine zone gate.

"Whoa! Is that the QZ?" Jesse asked. "Yup." Elliot and I replied. "Watch the high spots." I warned and we got close to the gate to see something spray painted on the door. "WLF. Trespassers killed on site." Daniel reads. "That's friendly." Dina remarks, sarcastically.

"At least we know we're in the right place." I said as we dismount our horses. "Where is everyone?" Daniel asked. "They put up this sign...means there's gotta be a way in." Elliot said and we started to look around. Then we climbed on top of an old trailer then over some holding calls.

"Are those cages?" Dina asked as we walked on top of them. "Holding cells. Soliders used them back in Boston as well." Elliot replied and I look up to see a broken ladder. "Guys! Help me up here." I said and Jesse and Elliot go over to me and help me up to the ladder. "(y/n), be careful." Elliot said to me. "Careful is my middle name." I joked as I climb up.

I run across some old walkway then jump over to an old scaffolding. As I jump towards it, I barely make it as I grab onto the side. "(Y/n)!" Elliot called out, fearfully, as I climb up on the platform. "You alright?!" Jesse calls out.  "I'm okay!" I said and make my way over the large gate.

I go over to this tower and see a ladder and climbed down it. I jumped down then walked out to see some trailers and a generator. I go over to the generator and pushed a button, which cause a loud noise and the gate next to me opened. "(Y/n)?" I hear Elliot call out and I go to the entrance gate and see a little sliding door.

I slide it open and see everyone on the other side. "Everything okay?" Dina asked me "Yeah, I got that gate opened." I said as I point off to the side. "Now I gotta figure out this one now." I said and Dina nods. "Okay." She said and I walk off. I go over to the other trailer to see another generator.