Chapter 8: She Can't Stop Us

*3rd Person POV* 

The moonlight was shining through the window of (y/n)'s bedroom. She was sitting on the edge of her bed, still in shock at the horror she had witnessed. All she could see was blood and Tommy's unmoving body, she could still hear that metal gold club hitting every part of Tommy that woman could hit. 

His screams were echoing in her ears.

And that gunshot to Tommy's head was a noise she would never forget.

She was so wrapped up in her thoughts, she didn't hear a knock at her door. She continued to stare at the floor when her door opened and Elliot peaked his head through.

"(Y/n)?" He calls put but she doesn't respond. He walks in then slowly closes the door, which finally gets her attention. She whips her head around and sees him standing there.

"Hey..." Elliot greets her, softly, but she just frowns and turns away. Elliot stands there, nervously, then he looks around the room. He comes up to her shelf and saw a familiar pamphlet on top of her books. He picks it up and smiled as he flips through the pamphlet of the dinosaur exhibit.

"Dee-oh-nin-y-chus." He mutters before he lets out a soft chuckle. "That was a good day. Probably one of the best days of my life." said Elliot as he turns to look at (y/n) but she doesn't say or look at him. "You know...I still have that tape Joel gave us." He said.

Elliot looks over her shelf then saw something new. It was a Walkman and he noticed that there was a tape inside of it. "This is new." He remarks as he picks it up and looks it over. (Y/n) looks over and sees what he was looking at then she narrows her eyes at him.

"Tommy got it for me...." she said and he looks at her then she scoffs. "...but how would you know? You were never there." She sneered. "Well, I'm here now. And I wanna fix what was lost between us." Elliot said and she, suddenly, stands up.

"NO! You don't get to do that! You think that because of what I’m going through, you have the audacity to come back into my life? You were not there! You don’t know what it’s like to see someone close to you get killed! How can you fix what you already ended 2 years ago?” She yells, angrily. "Look, I know I can't take back what I said two years ago. But I was angry and hurt that you and Joel lied to me." Elliot replied and he could see tears building up in her eyes.

“If that was me on that operating table, unconscious and that damned operation being done without my consent, what would you have done, Elliot?" (Y/n) asked him, shakily, and Elliot's green eyes widen a bit. "Would you have saved me and lied to me to if I were in your situation?” she asked.

Elliot stares at her for a few moment then looks down. "Yeah, that's what I thought." She mutters and he looks back at her. "(Y/n), I..." Elliot tried to say but there was a knock at the door. (Y/n) looks at the door then walks to it and opens it, revealing it to be Joel.

(Y/n) could tell that Joel had been crying as his eyes were red and puffy but his stance was saying that he was trying his best to look calm and collected.

"Joel..." she whispers as Joel looks between her and Elliot. "You kids alright?" He asked and the two teens turn their head away. "Yeah." Elliot grumbles. "Just fine." (Y/n) said but Joel gave both of them a worried look.

"Listen...(y/n), I know it's not a good time but...Maria and Daniel are downstairs...and she wants both of you..." Joel said and (y/n) slowly sighs then places her hand over her mouth. "I-I-I don't know if..." she stammers before she starts to cry.

Elliot goes to her and slowly raises his hand and placed it on her shoulder, she didn't shove him away. "I don't think that's a good idea, Joel." Elliot said and Joel looks over at him. "Believe me, I don't want her to go over it either but...Maria..." Joel starts to say but Elliot shakes his head. "This is bullshit!" He said and (y/n) turns to him.