Chapter 4: If Only They Were Immune...

​​​6 Months Later 

"I don't know, maybe I should just give her a gift and be done with it." Tommy said as he, Elliot and I walked up a hill. We were out scouting to find if there were any infected nearby and take them out. As we were out, Tommy was talking to us about his and Maria's latest argument.

"Or maybe you should apologize to her." I said to Tommy and he chuckles. "That's what the gift is for." He said and I smirked then looked over to see Elliot staring at the ground, he seemed lost in his thoughts. "Elliot?" I said to him but he doesn't acknowledge me. "Elliot!" Tommy called out and Elliot looks up.

"Huh?" He said, confused. "Are you with us?" Tommy asked him. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm good." Elliot said as he nods at Tommy but he was trying not to look at me.

I don't know what's going on with him but it just seems that the last few months, Elliot has been acting strange around me. Almost distant. I thought we were good; I mean ever since that night after the campfire with the others, I thought we were great. Everything was going good, great even, but the last couple of months, he seemed...distant.

I've tried talking to him but he just says he's fine and starts to act like his old self. But it doesn't last long. Plus he has hung out with Cat a lot lately but he says she's making him a tattoo which is on his right arm to cover his bite. I was a bit worried with him being around her but he assured me that nothing was going on and that I can ask Daniel or Jesse about it as either one of them are usually there to hang out.

I would just accept him and take his word for it but there's always that voice in the back of my mind that doesn't believe him.

I shake my head out of my thoughts as we continued to go on a walk. Honestly, Elliot and I are only with Tommy because he asked us to join him while Joel was out scouting at another part of the area. 

"Anyway this silent treatment. Man. I mean I'd forget my own birthday if she didn't remind me when it was." Tommy continued on. "You should just apologize to her." Elliot said. "That's what (y/n) just..." Tommy said but stops and shakes his head.

"Okay. What's going on?" He asked Elliot. "Nothing." Elliot replied, flatly. "You sure?" I asked him. "Yeah. Why?" Elliot said. "We can tell when your off." Tommy said to him and Elliot lets out a heavy sigh. "Got some stuff on my mind." He replied and I frown at him.

"You know I'm here for you." I said and he glances at me then turns his head away from me. "I know." He mutters and I look over at Tommy as if to say ​​see what I mean? "Well if you don't want to talk to her, you can talk to me. Just let me know." Tommy said and Elliot nods. "Okay." He mutters and we get up alittle on this hill and Tommy looks out.

"Got stragglers." He said. "How many?" I asked him as we walked up to this edge. "Just a handful." He said and he raises his rifle and aims it at this hill before firing two shots.

He lowers his rifle and looks over at us. "Either of you want to give it a whirl?" He asked. "You sure?" Elliot asked him as I raise an eyebrow. "I'm feeling generous." Tommy said, smiling, which made Elliot and I laugh. 

"So, who wants to go first?" He asked and Elliot and I exchange a look. "Go ahead." I said to Elliot and he steps up and switches guns with Tommy. Then he raises the gun and looks through the scope. "See that sign there? The red one?" Tommy asked after he and I raise our binoculars and look at that area. "Yeah." Elliot said. "Try hitting that. Good way to draw out from where they're hiding." Tommy said.

Elliot fires and I could see a few infected running out and Elliot starts to fire and take them out. "That's all of them. There's usually more this way. That way, (y/n) can have a turn with it." Tommy said and we start to head off.