Dreams And Encounters

Wu Xie

While he was a kid, he had grew up hearing the stories of his grandfather. A man that had live all his life as an explorer and adventurer, going in and out of dangerous places all over the world in search of the unknown. Back then, he had loved all his stories of tomb raiding, of the mysteries they held and the mystic creatures he had encounter on his journey.

He remember looking through the notebook his grandfather had filled with the many wonders of the ancient world and as he had wished to be part of it. However, there was one thing his father never allow him to do and that was to be involved on any tomb raiding, no matter how much he begged.

"Wu Xie... stories are fine, adventures are fine, but not all mysteries in this world are meant to be discover. There is a reason why many legendary things had been kept locked from humans grasp and that is because humanity became too greedy and the gods make sure to keep them hidden, as a punishment." His father had once told him, a few days after his grandfather had die.

"The gods? Was grandfather punished by them for stealing their secrets? Is that why he die?" His younger self had asked his father, as he was about to sleep.

"That, not even I know, but your grandfather had never find what the gods are protecting from us. Remember always, no matter how tempting the adventure looks like, it will always carry a price, sometimes too high to pay. Stay innocent and with a pure heart, stay away from the dangers of the ancients, away from the secrets that are not meant to be discovery and you will live a blessed life." His father said as he kissed his forehead and make sure he was well cover and warm on his bed before he stood up and turn the lights off, closing the door of his room behind him.

Unfortunately for his father, that night, after his warning, the clock of fate started to advance, after been in hold with the loss of his grandfather. That night, he dreamed with a place deep inside a snowy mountain, A place that have those things he had seen on his grandfather notes... and a boy dressed in black, keeping watch over a huge bronze door.

Sometimes he was dormant over a stone platform and others he was walking around, vigilant of intruders. However, as Wu Xie keep dreaming about him as he grew up from a boy into a young man, even when it changed from time to time, there was one constant thing that will always repeat. The young man in black will stare at him and call his name before he wakes up all cover in sweat.

Several Years Later

When Wu Xie was around twenty five, his third uncle had gone missing exploring an underground tomb in a desert and his second uncle, Er Bai had put together a team of experts to go in search of his missing brother and he had been allowed to join them, even when his father had objected at first. Their team priority was not to find lost treasures, but to find San Xing, whatever alive or dead.

Once all preparations and needed equipment was complete, they have travel to a small town at the skirt of the desert to gather with the rest of the team that had go on ahead of his family to set a temporary camp. Despite been the grandson of one of the best explorers of the country, that rescue expedition was actually the first one Wu Xie was going to participate.

He had study architecture and ancient language, as he had inherit his grandfather passion for it, but he lacked the experience, been blocked on each attempt he had make to explore a new tomb with his uncle San by his father, who wanted him safe and living an ordinary life, instead of a dangerous one like Wu Laogou or San Xing. Thus, he was quite excited to be there for once.

He had always felt like there was something unknown calling on him to become a tomb raider, to risk his life for more than to satisfy his curiosity, but to find the mysterious man from his dreams. As he grew up, the dreams begin to fade and he no longer remember how the man in black looked, only that he was somehow special and connected to him in some strange way.