A Hellish Storm

Wu Xie

What wake up Wu Xie was not the discomfort of sleeping over a hard surface while tightly hugged by a handsome mysterious man, but the rampage of thunders over the distance that seems to penetrate his mind even on his dreams. The sky was still dark, which only intensify the eerie feeling as he saw the flashes over the dark clouds, even from where he was laying with Xiaoge beside him.

His head was already in pain and he was a bit dizzy for it, waking up to something that he didn't remember, yet the noise was killing him. The roar of the lighting storm was something hard to ignore and he could understand now why it was so dangerous, not only by the endless lighting from the storm, but also for the effect of the sound on the mind.

Yes, he could see now why it was a place tied with hallucinations, because to be honest he wasn't even there and he already was experiencing hell right inside his head and not only that, he could also swear he could feel something coming, dark and ominous like the storm itself, making him shudder to the bone.

He moved closer to Xioage, trying to bury his aching head on his chest and gaining some extra heat as well or at least a sense of security. The man by his side reacted in return, adjusting himself to make Wu Xie more comfortable and hug him back quite gently. It was a sweet thing for him to do, but Wu Xie was in no mood to truly appreciate the kind gesture, when he was in pain and overloaded with things he didn't understand.

Xiaoge however, had been watching Wu Xie sleep for around an hour at that point. He had wake up when Wu Xie begin to mumble things on his sleep, calling his name over and over while mumbling something about a bronze door and been chosen by him. He had also dream with Wu Xie that night, although his dream was a bit different. In his dream, there were not in front of the bronze door, but inside it, which meant that Wu Xie was indeed chosen to be a guardian, however it felt different than the others... very different, as if Wu Xie's existence was somewhat special, even among them and what Wu Xie told him was not what he had whisper to Qiling on his sleep.

It had been a chilling 'I hate you', while he screamed in pain over a cold stone platform, as his body was cover with the same bluish Qilin's fire that he had experience that night, but ten times worst and he was completely unable to help him at all.

That alone had disturbed Qiling's sleep and he was no longer able to get back to his previous slumber. The last thing Qiling wanted was for Wu Xie to hate him, not only because he had been a mysterious part of his nights for years, but also because he kind of like him. Wu Xie was indeed innocent in many ways, which was on itself a contradiction of his own existence, which was perhaps the reason why he was so drawn to him and wanted to genuinely protect him with the best of his ability.

As he had ponder on to why the Wu Xie on his dreams hate him, he saw that the real Wu Xie safely on his arms was equally restless until he seems to wake up quite troubled or in some kind of pain. Did he had a nightmare too, or was he awake by his presence, as he had never let go of Wu Xie since they lay down on the cold floor. Perhaps in his own nightmare he had disturbed Wu Xie's sleep or even pass it on to him, as they seem to be strangely connected somehow.

"Wu Xie... did I wake you?" The voice talking to Wu Xie was very soft and even caring, but Wu Xie was too sensitive to the noise at that moment that even a barely whisper make him frown in pain and bury his head deeper into Xiaoge's chest. It was an improper thing to do, even when Xiaoge was holding him, mostly because he was pretty much imposing himself into the other man.

One thing was for Xiaoge to holding him during the night, perhaps wanting to keep him warm, as he seems to care for him that much, but another was for Wu Xie to press in their contact into a more intimate one, even when he was only trying to find comfort.