The Warning

Wu Xie

Wu Xie suddenly found himself inside a tomb, as he open his eyes. He had no recollection of how he got there, nor when it had happen, but as he looked around he could tell that he was alone in a main chamber that was exquisitely designed with full color murals telling the story of the one coffin resting in the middle of the chamber.

Obviously, he thought that the fact that he had just go to rest on Xiaoge's arms and he was nowhere to be seen now, meant he was most likely dreaming... and also a very vivid one, like when he was summon by Xiaoge's mother to tell him his story. Thus, he pay attention to what he was supposed to do there or find there as it would have some meaning.

The chamber was big and poor illuminated, although the murals seems to be painted with some kind of glowing color and as he approached to one wall, he could see it tells the story of the Qilin's and their war with the demons to keep the bronze doors safe from breaking into. The coffin was a huge one and because it was not sealed, Wu Xie, driven by curiosity, got closer to what he thought was a massive coffin to have a look inside... but just when he was about to peek at the interior, his arm was yanked back along with the rest of his body, which make him fall into the ground.

"Hey! What do you think you are doing? It's rude to peek inside someone else bed." A woman around two years younger than Pangzi said to him as she stared down at him from where she stood, with her hands holding into her hips.

"Isn't this a dream?" Wu Xie asked a bit confused as he stared at the young woman back.

"Who said so? Don't I look real enough to you? Then what about beating you up a little to prove it?" The young woman asked as she closed her hand in a fist to show him how serious she was.

"You know, that will be fun to watch as you beat Zhang Qiling's mate, Yun Cai." Another young man dressed in long robes and black waist long hair, said as he came into the chamber from a hidden stone door on a wall.

"Zhang Qiling's? You are kidding me, right? He is loner." Yun Cai said in disbelieve to the man.

"Not anymore... the boy had his sent all over him and he is actually projecting himself with his spirit power. Is Banai so busy lately that you have failed to identify one of our own?" The young man asked as he gave Wu Xie his hand to help him get up from the floor.

"He doesn't have a mate mark." Yun Cai said as she inspected Wu Xie from her to toes with her gaze.

"Perhaps not yet, but he is definitely a chosen." The man said with confidence.

"Who are you?" Wu Xie asked as he blushed a bit under the sudden scrutiny.

"Pardon the rudeness, we are also guardians of the gates. I am Dou Cheng, guardian of the bronze tree and she is Yun Cai, guardian of the Banai gate." The man said politely as he modestly bowed to him in respect.

"Are you here to defend this gate, just like Xiaoge?" Wu Xie asked.

"Indeed we are, but we are not the only ones. In times of needs, we guardian share the burdens and help each other. One guardian for each gate comes to aid the one in troubles, although we have some special help from the heavens, such as yourself."

"What do you mean? He is no warrior." Yun Cai said and Dou Cheng sighed.

"You are so blind. Not too long ago, I sensed a very strong energy coming from the sand maze and judging from the energy, I can tell it was you, controlling the thunder storm."

"Wait what? That was HIM?" Yun Cai asked in surprise.

"Yes, of course, which is why he is now so weak right now, making it the perfect time to bring them down... you both are in danger, more are coming your way..." Dou Cheng said before he touched Wu Xie's forehead and send him back to his body, making the return more forceful that intended.