The Granted Wish

Zhang Qiling

🌺💙💙💙🌺

"What did you say?" Qiling asked as he stared at the young man below him, still unsure if he had heard him right. Just a second ago he had been carried away by the desire of the young man that was trying to really kiss him, instead of just accepting the energy he was trying to transfer him and he let himself respond to the other man desire, because he realize midway, it was also his own.

He wasn't sure as to when that desire had begun, but he could not deny to himself that it was very much alive and rooted deep inside him. He had dreamed with Wu Xie for years, even if he could never remember his face, he felt a connection with the young man almost from the start. He had kept him close and safe as they journey into the desert, not only because he was a possible guardian, but because he actually wanted to protect him.

However, Wu Xie's words took him completely unguarded. He had the feeling that Wu Xie was going to be tested for guardianship of the Bronze Gate, but was he wrong all along? What was that about he been Wu Xie's only calling? What that even mean and more importantly, why did he meant when he said he was willing to fully bond with him? Just what did his mother spirit had told him on his sleep?

Wu Xie stared back while he still blushed. Their faces were still just inches away and Xiaoge's body was pressing him down while he glanced down with such intensity, it makes him shudder into his very core.

"I... I'm willing to be fully bonded with you." Wu Xie whisper and Qiling could feel Wu Xie's heart racing pretty much below his own.

"Bonded?" Qiling repeated.

"Xiaoge... you... you don't really know, right?" Wu Xie asked back.

"What were you told?"

"That my soul belongs to you... that you are my calling."

"That can't be right."

"Why not?"

"There is no such calling..."

"You forgot about it when you lose your memories."

"Even without my memories I know there are only testing for new guardians of the gate."

"Then can you explain to me how I possess your Qilin spirit? How it had protected me ever since I was born. How was I even marked by it when I was born? How my energy feels like is part of your own and make you stronger when we join it? How are we connected since childhood?"

"Coincidence."

"There is no such thing as coincidence of that scale."

"Wu Xie... you don't know as much as you believe, no matter what little they told you..."

"Xiaoge... I actually know more than you do. There is something you forgot along with your memories... something that your mother kept from you..."

"That's..."

"Not impossible... and I can prove it..."

"Wu Xie..."

"Ready or not, here it comes..." Wu Xie said as he pulled Xiaoge to him and kiss him and once again, Zhang Qiling was taken by surprise for the second time that night.

The kiss, however, was not a passionate one as before, it was more like a way to link them together into a more intimate level, a deeper connection that they already shared but were unaware of it, until recently. Thus, Zhang Qiling found himself merging his consciousness with that of Wu Xie and they faced each other inside a huge field of wildflowers of all colors, with a temple in the middle.